Uneven road closed in Welwyn Garden City while investigation takes place
- Credit: Google Maps
A road in Welwyn Garden City has been closed following reports of an uneven surface.
Bridge Road East was closed this morning, near to Kwik Fit, after drivers noticed a dip in the road surface.
Kevin Carrol, Ringway divisional manager working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “We are aware of the uneven road surface on Bridge Road East. We can confirm the road was closed this morning to enable us to carry out investigation works.”
The surface of the road sparked an online discussion with some thinking that the uneven surface is the beginning of a sink hole.
A Facebook user asked: “What’s with the big dip in the road just passed garage just before lights going over town seems to have sunk more than it was yesterday.”
You may also want to watch:
Another person said: “I think I’m going to avoid that road from now on I don’t want to disappear down a sink hole.”
Someone even claimed their exhaust is now hanging off because of the road.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire