Uneven road closed in Welwyn Garden City while investigation takes place
- Credit: Google Maps
A road in Welwyn Garden City has been closed following reports of an uneven surface.
Bridge Road East was closed this morning, near to Kwik Fit, after drivers noticed a dip in the road surface.
Kevin Carrol, Ringway divisional manager working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “We are aware of the uneven road surface on Bridge Road East. We can confirm the road was closed this morning to enable us to carry out investigation works.”
The surface of the road sparked an online discussion with some thinking that the uneven surface is the beginning of a sink hole.
A Facebook user asked: “What’s with the big dip in the road just passed garage just before lights going over town seems to have sunk more than it was yesterday.”
You may also want to watch:
Another person said: “I think I’m going to avoid that road from now on I don’t want to disappear down a sink hole.”
Someone even claimed their exhaust is now hanging off because of the road.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed