Two-vehicle collision causes A1(M) delays after car overturns
- Credit: Archant
Motorists experienced delays on the A1(M) last night (Wednesday) after a car overturned near Lemsford.
A grey Ford Focus and yellow Fiat Panda collided near Junction 5 northbound, with the Fiat flipping on to its roof.
Emergency services were called to the scene at around 8pm to initial reports of a trapped person.
These proved to be false.
One driver suffered back and neck pain but was not taken hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed one lane of the carriage way but reopened the road was reopened by 9.30pm.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart