Two hour delays on M25 around Potters Bar following lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving two lorries on the M25 near Potters Bar is causing traffic chaos.
Three of the four lanes anti-clockwise between Junction 24 for Potters Bar and Junction 23 at the A1(M) are closed.
The accident, which occurred around 7.30am this morning, caused fuel to be spilled onto the carriageway.
There are delays of around two hours with severe tailbacks back to Junction 26 at Waltham Abbey, almost 8 miles away.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said he was unsure how long the closures would be in place for.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Recovery has been arranged but it depends on how long that takes.
“There is no concrete time for re-opening at the moment.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
Drivers are advised to avoid the area.