Two hour delays on M25 around Potters Bar following lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving two lorries on the M25 near Potters Bar is causing traffic chaos.
Three of the four lanes anti-clockwise between Junction 24 for Potters Bar and Junction 23 at the A1(M) are closed.
The accident, which occurred around 7.30am this morning, caused fuel to be spilled onto the carriageway.
There are delays of around two hours with severe tailbacks back to Junction 26 at Waltham Abbey, almost 8 miles away.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said he was unsure how long the closures would be in place for.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Recovery has been arranged but it depends on how long that takes.
“There is no concrete time for re-opening at the moment.”
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Drivers are advised to avoid the area.