Two hour delays on M25 around Potters Bar following lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving two lorries on the M25 near Potters Bar is causing traffic chaos.
Three of the four lanes anti-clockwise between Junction 24 for Potters Bar and Junction 23 at the A1(M) are closed.
The accident, which occurred around 7.30am this morning, caused fuel to be spilled onto the carriageway.
There are delays of around two hours with severe tailbacks back to Junction 26 at Waltham Abbey, almost 8 miles away.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said he was unsure how long the closures would be in place for.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Recovery has been arranged but it depends on how long that takes.
“There is no concrete time for re-opening at the moment.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Drivers are advised to avoid the area.