Two hour delays on M25 around Potters Bar following lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving two lorries on the M25 near Potters Bar is causing traffic chaos.
Three of the four lanes anti-clockwise between Junction 24 for Potters Bar and Junction 23 at the A1(M) are closed.
The accident, which occurred around 7.30am this morning, caused fuel to be spilled onto the carriageway.
There are delays of around two hours with severe tailbacks back to Junction 26 at Waltham Abbey, almost 8 miles away.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said he was unsure how long the closures would be in place for.
He said: “Recovery has been arranged but it depends on how long that takes.
“There is no concrete time for re-opening at the moment.”
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 3 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 4 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Drivers are advised to avoid the area.