A1(M) delays building after two-car crash near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A two-car crash on the A1(M) this afternoon (June 22) has caused delays back to Hatfield.
Police are currently at the scene on the southbound carriageway near Junction 1 for South Mimms after a white BMW X3 and silver Nissan Micra were in collision at around 2.15pm.
Highways England tweeted that one lane has closed, causing tailbacks towards Hatfield.
A police spokesman said one vehicle is on the central reservation and recovery has been arranged.
The ambulance service is also on the scene but there are no reports of serious injuries. Motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire