A1(M) delays building after two-car crash near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A two-car crash on the A1(M) this afternoon (June 22) has caused delays back to Hatfield.
Police are currently at the scene on the southbound carriageway near Junction 1 for South Mimms after a white BMW X3 and silver Nissan Micra were in collision at around 2.15pm.
Highways England tweeted that one lane has closed, causing tailbacks towards Hatfield.
A police spokesman said one vehicle is on the central reservation and recovery has been arranged.
The ambulance service is also on the scene but there are no reports of serious injuries. Motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign