A1(M) delays building after two-car crash near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A two-car crash on the A1(M) this afternoon (June 22) has caused delays back to Hatfield.
Police are currently at the scene on the southbound carriageway near Junction 1 for South Mimms after a white BMW X3 and silver Nissan Micra were in collision at around 2.15pm.
Highways England tweeted that one lane has closed, causing tailbacks towards Hatfield.
A police spokesman said one vehicle is on the central reservation and recovery has been arranged.
The ambulance service is also on the scene but there are no reports of serious injuries. Motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire