A1(M) delays building after two-car crash near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A two-car crash on the A1(M) this afternoon (June 22) has caused delays back to Hatfield.
Police are currently at the scene on the southbound carriageway near Junction 1 for South Mimms after a white BMW X3 and silver Nissan Micra were in collision at around 2.15pm.
Highways England tweeted that one lane has closed, causing tailbacks towards Hatfield.
A police spokesman said one vehicle is on the central reservation and recovery has been arranged.
The ambulance service is also on the scene but there are no reports of serious injuries. Motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield