Overhanging trees and broken down train causing train delays from Stevenage to Welwyn Garden City and Hertford North
- Credit: Archant
Trains are unable to run towards Finsbury Park from Stevenage via Welwyn Garden City due to a broken down train between Knebworth and Welwyn North.
Trees that are overhanging on the track are also to blame for train delays from Finsbury Park to Hertford North.
This may result in cancellations, delays or revisions for Stevenage and Cuffley-bound passengers on Govia-operated Great Northern services.
Network Rail engineers have had to turn the power off in order to remove the trees from the line at Winchmore Hill.
This means that trains are currently unable to run up to Hertford North from Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Delays are expected until 8pm.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?