Overhanging trees and broken down train causing train delays from Stevenage to Welwyn Garden City and Hertford North
- Credit: Archant
Trains are unable to run towards Finsbury Park from Stevenage via Welwyn Garden City due to a broken down train between Knebworth and Welwyn North.
Trees that are overhanging on the track are also to blame for train delays from Finsbury Park to Hertford North.
This may result in cancellations, delays or revisions for Stevenage and Cuffley-bound passengers on Govia-operated Great Northern services.
Network Rail engineers have had to turn the power off in order to remove the trees from the line at Winchmore Hill.
This means that trains are currently unable to run up to Hertford North from Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Delays are expected until 8pm.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers