Overhanging trees and broken down train causing train delays from Stevenage to Welwyn Garden City and Hertford North
- Credit: Archant
Trains are unable to run towards Finsbury Park from Stevenage via Welwyn Garden City due to a broken down train between Knebworth and Welwyn North.
Trees that are overhanging on the track are also to blame for train delays from Finsbury Park to Hertford North.
This may result in cancellations, delays or revisions for Stevenage and Cuffley-bound passengers on Govia-operated Great Northern services.
Network Rail engineers have had to turn the power off in order to remove the trees from the line at Winchmore Hill.
This means that trains are currently unable to run up to Hertford North from Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Delays are expected until 8pm.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie