Overhanging trees and broken down train causing train delays from Stevenage to Welwyn Garden City and Hertford North
- Credit: Archant
Trains are unable to run towards Finsbury Park from Stevenage via Welwyn Garden City due to a broken down train between Knebworth and Welwyn North.
Trees that are overhanging on the track are also to blame for train delays from Finsbury Park to Hertford North.
This may result in cancellations, delays or revisions for Stevenage and Cuffley-bound passengers on Govia-operated Great Northern services.
Network Rail engineers have had to turn the power off in order to remove the trees from the line at Winchmore Hill.
This means that trains are currently unable to run up to Hertford North from Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Delays are expected until 8pm.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston