Travellers pitch up in Welwyn Garden City near Panshanger Golf Course
- Credit: Archant
At least 12 vehicles including caravans have pitched up on green space in Welwyn Garden City this afternoon (Friday, May 25).
The caravans were spotted at about noon by several residents on land in between Welwyn Garden City Football Club and Panshanger Golf Course.
A Welwyn Hatfield Council spokeswoman said: “We were notified earlier today that an unauthorised encampment has arrived on land close to the Welwyn Garden City Football Club and Panshanger Golf Course on Herns Way.
“Checks are being made to ascertain who owns the land, and a welfare visit will be made by Herts County Council as it is understood children are there.
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely.”
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone