Travellers pitch up in Welwyn Garden City near Panshanger Golf Course
- Credit: Archant
At least 12 vehicles including caravans have pitched up on green space in Welwyn Garden City this afternoon (Friday, May 25).
The caravans were spotted at about noon by several residents on land in between Welwyn Garden City Football Club and Panshanger Golf Course.
A Welwyn Hatfield Council spokeswoman said: “We were notified earlier today that an unauthorised encampment has arrived on land close to the Welwyn Garden City Football Club and Panshanger Golf Course on Herns Way.
“Checks are being made to ascertain who owns the land, and a welfare visit will be made by Herts County Council as it is understood children are there.
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely.”
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?