Travel update after nine-vehicle crash near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned to expect the travel chaos to persist for over an hour following a nine-vehicle crash near Hatfield this morning.
The A1(M) southbound carriageway was closed between junctions one and three, causing long tailbacks to junction six for Welwyn.
There are also mile-long knock-on queues clogging up the M25 between Potters Bar and the A1(M) junction.
Highways England confirmed all lanes have now been cleared, so congestion on the M25 should ease, but warned knock-on traffic on the A1(M) between Hatfield and Welwyn is expected to persist until around 11.30am.
The chaos resulted in police setting up several diversion routes in WGC, which led to standstills in Bessemer Road, Woodhall and Stanborough.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also closed the A1(M) entry slip road at Junction 4, causing congestion on the roundabout near Tesco, but that has now been lifted and traffic is expected to ease.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes