Ever-changing timetable frustrates Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar rail users for third week
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Commuters from Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar have started their third week of timetable misery as more early morning services to London were cancelled.
Six out of 20 services from Welwyn Garden City to London stations have been cancelled this morning (Monday, June 4), including four fast or semi-fast services, as of time of writing.
Another two services, the 06.22 and the 06.52, have also run late.
Both Great Northern and Thameslink railway have tweeted a message stating that an amended timetable is in operation, and that online journey planners will only show the trains that they plan to run.
However, “there may be additional short notice alterations as the day progresses”, added the tweet.
You may also want to watch:
The short notice alterations have in some cases seen trains marked as “cancelled” re-materialise throughout the morning.
Some Twitter users have not found the notice reassuring, such as Joy Sadler who said: “You continue to cancel from the supposed timetable so it’s not really a timetable.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“You should be ashamed.”