Ever-changing timetable frustrates Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar rail users for third week
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Commuters from Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar have started their third week of timetable misery as more early morning services to London were cancelled.
Six out of 20 services from Welwyn Garden City to London stations have been cancelled this morning (Monday, June 4), including four fast or semi-fast services, as of time of writing.
Another two services, the 06.22 and the 06.52, have also run late.
Both Great Northern and Thameslink railway have tweeted a message stating that an amended timetable is in operation, and that online journey planners will only show the trains that they plan to run.
However, “there may be additional short notice alterations as the day progresses”, added the tweet.
You may also want to watch:
The short notice alterations have in some cases seen trains marked as “cancelled” re-materialise throughout the morning.
Some Twitter users have not found the notice reassuring, such as Joy Sadler who said: “You continue to cancel from the supposed timetable so it’s not really a timetable.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
“You should be ashamed.”