Lines reopen after person hit by train between Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
All lines have reopened after a person was hit by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield this afternoon.
Govia Thameslink Railway has said a person was struck on the line between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace, with initially no trains running between Stevenage and Alexandra Palace via Welwyn Garden City.
The train operator has since confirmed that all lines have reopened, although Hatfield station is currently not being served in either direction.
As trains return to normal, some delays and short notice cancellations will still occur - with disruption now expected until 9pm.
Rail replacement buses have been requested for Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace.
You may also want to watch:
The following routes are being impacted by this disruption:
- Trains between Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- Trains between Hertford North, Watton at Stone and Moorgate
- Trains between Peterborough and London King's Cross
- Trains between London King's Cross and Cambridge/Kings Lynn
- Trains between Brighton and Cambridge
- Trains between London King's Cross and Cambridge (stopping services)
- If you need someone to talk to you can call Samaritans for free at any time, 24 hours a day and from any phone, on 116 123.