Train fault causes ongoing rail delays for Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar passengers
- Credit: Archant
A fault on a train earlier today has caused a backlog between Welwyn Hatfield and Finsbury Park, prompting passengers to expect delays until 9pm.
The 4.32 train from Welwyn Garden City to Moorgate developed a fault today, causing it to be delayed at Potters Bar and holding up the trains behind it.
All lanes are now open and trains are moving, but the backlog means that passengers could still be delayed by up to 25 minutes or have their train cancelled.
National Rail Enquiries stated on their website: “Services are on the move in the area, however, due to the earlier train fault, delays have accrued due to congestion in the area.
“Cancellations and short notice alterations may be in place as well.”
You may also want to watch:
The service is operated by Great Northern, which tweeted an apology and a reminder to passengers that they can claim compensation.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire