Police car involved in A1(M) crash near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A crash on the A1(M) involving a police car near Welwyn Garden City this afternoon (Monday, September 3) has caused traffic to be diverted.
Highways England tweeted at 1.20pm that following the collision near Junction 6, motorists are being diverted via the exit and entry slip roads as the vehicles involved in the crash are blocking the carriageway.
A police car had stopped to help a motorist who had broken down on the northbound carriageway, but while there, a Honda Civic crashed into the police car.
A police spokeswoman confirmed no one was seriously injured but the road has been closed to allow the vehicles to be recovered.
A Highways England spokesman said that all lanes have now reopened, but added: “[There are] long delays of approximately one hour remaining in the area, although they should start to ease.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for your journey, should you be travelling in the area.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings