Police car involved in A1(M) crash near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A crash on the A1(M) involving a police car near Welwyn Garden City this afternoon (Monday, September 3) has caused traffic to be diverted.
Highways England tweeted at 1.20pm that following the collision near Junction 6, motorists are being diverted via the exit and entry slip roads as the vehicles involved in the crash are blocking the carriageway.
A police car had stopped to help a motorist who had broken down on the northbound carriageway, but while there, a Honda Civic crashed into the police car.
A police spokeswoman confirmed no one was seriously injured but the road has been closed to allow the vehicles to be recovered.
A Highways England spokesman said that all lanes have now reopened, but added: “[There are] long delays of approximately one hour remaining in the area, although they should start to ease.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for your journey, should you be travelling in the area.”
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him