Police car involved in A1(M) crash near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A crash on the A1(M) involving a police car near Welwyn Garden City this afternoon (Monday, September 3) has caused traffic to be diverted.
Highways England tweeted at 1.20pm that following the collision near Junction 6, motorists are being diverted via the exit and entry slip roads as the vehicles involved in the crash are blocking the carriageway.
A police car had stopped to help a motorist who had broken down on the northbound carriageway, but while there, a Honda Civic crashed into the police car.
A police spokeswoman confirmed no one was seriously injured but the road has been closed to allow the vehicles to be recovered.
A Highways England spokesman said that all lanes have now reopened, but added: “[There are] long delays of approximately one hour remaining in the area, although they should start to ease.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for your journey, should you be travelling in the area.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street