Police at scene of A1(M) Welwyn crash
- Credit: supplied
Officers attended a Welwyn crash which has caused an estimated 20 minutes of traffic delay.
Police were called at 1.20pm today (Friday, August 3) to reports of a damage-only crash at Junction 6 for Welwyn of the A1(M) northbound.
Congestion reached back to Junction 4 for Hatfield.
A silver Peugeot convertible crashed and came to rest against the barrier, and has now been moved to the hard shoulder.
Police are still at the scene to help recover the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesperson has confirmed that an ambulance was not needed.
An eyewitness told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s so much debris that it’s gone onto the southbound lanes.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
There also some congestion southbound at Junction 6, with delays of around 10 minutes.