Police at scene of A1(M) Welwyn crash
- Credit: supplied
Officers attended a Welwyn crash which has caused an estimated 20 minutes of traffic delay.
Police were called at 1.20pm today (Friday, August 3) to reports of a damage-only crash at Junction 6 for Welwyn of the A1(M) northbound.
Congestion reached back to Junction 4 for Hatfield.
A silver Peugeot convertible crashed and came to rest against the barrier, and has now been moved to the hard shoulder.
Police are still at the scene to help recover the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesperson has confirmed that an ambulance was not needed.
An eyewitness told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s so much debris that it’s gone onto the southbound lanes.”
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
There also some congestion southbound at Junction 6, with delays of around 10 minutes.