Police at scene of A1(M) Welwyn crash
- Credit: supplied
Officers attended a Welwyn crash which has caused an estimated 20 minutes of traffic delay.
Police were called at 1.20pm today (Friday, August 3) to reports of a damage-only crash at Junction 6 for Welwyn of the A1(M) northbound.
Congestion reached back to Junction 4 for Hatfield.
A silver Peugeot convertible crashed and came to rest against the barrier, and has now been moved to the hard shoulder.
Police are still at the scene to help recover the vehicle.
An ambulance spokesperson has confirmed that an ambulance was not needed.
An eyewitness told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s so much debris that it’s gone onto the southbound lanes.”
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years
There also some congestion southbound at Junction 6, with delays of around 10 minutes.