Police at scene of A1(M) Welwyn crash
- Credit: supplied
Officers attended a Welwyn crash which has caused an estimated 20 minutes of traffic delay.
Police were called at 1.20pm today (Friday, August 3) to reports of a damage-only crash at Junction 6 for Welwyn of the A1(M) northbound.
Congestion reached back to Junction 4 for Hatfield.
A silver Peugeot convertible crashed and came to rest against the barrier, and has now been moved to the hard shoulder.
Police are still at the scene to help recover the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesperson has confirmed that an ambulance was not needed.
An eyewitness told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s so much debris that it’s gone onto the southbound lanes.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park
There also some congestion southbound at Junction 6, with delays of around 10 minutes.