Traffic delays in Hatfield following A1(M) closure
- Credit: Archant
Drivers in Hatfield face ‘long delays’ as a result of the A1(M) road closure near The Galleria outlet shopping centre.
The northbound carriageway of the A1(M) was closed this afternoon (Friday) near the Hatfield Tunnel, after reports of a man being “seriously ill on the hard shoulder”.
Herts Highways tweeted: “A1001 Comet Way, #Hatfield Northbound - Long delays due to diverted traffic from #A1M Hatfield Tunnel CLOSURE”
Two lanes of the motorway passing underneath The Galleria have since re-opened.
The Highways Agency’s Twitter feed @HAtraffic_east reported: “#A1M #Hertfordshire now has 2 lanes open northbound J3 and J4 #Hatfield Tunnel following an incident. Long delays.”
Motorists heading towards Hatfield from St Albans also face long tailbacks between the London Colney roundabout and the A1(M).
You may also want to watch:
Herts Highways’ Twitter feed reported: “INCIDENT: A414 North Orbital Road Eastbound Colney Heath Long delays due to #A1M CLOSURE”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking