Traffic delays in Hatfield following A1(M) closure
- Credit: Archant
Drivers in Hatfield face ‘long delays’ as a result of the A1(M) road closure near The Galleria outlet shopping centre.
The northbound carriageway of the A1(M) was closed this afternoon (Friday) near the Hatfield Tunnel, after reports of a man being “seriously ill on the hard shoulder”.
Herts Highways tweeted: “A1001 Comet Way, #Hatfield Northbound - Long delays due to diverted traffic from #A1M Hatfield Tunnel CLOSURE”
Two lanes of the motorway passing underneath The Galleria have since re-opened.
The Highways Agency’s Twitter feed @HAtraffic_east reported: “#A1M #Hertfordshire now has 2 lanes open northbound J3 and J4 #Hatfield Tunnel following an incident. Long delays.”
Motorists heading towards Hatfield from St Albans also face long tailbacks between the London Colney roundabout and the A1(M).
You may also want to watch:
Herts Highways’ Twitter feed reported: “INCIDENT: A414 North Orbital Road Eastbound Colney Heath Long delays due to #A1M CLOSURE”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'