Traffic delays in Hatfield following A1(M) closure
- Credit: Archant
Drivers in Hatfield face ‘long delays’ as a result of the A1(M) road closure near The Galleria outlet shopping centre.
The northbound carriageway of the A1(M) was closed this afternoon (Friday) near the Hatfield Tunnel, after reports of a man being “seriously ill on the hard shoulder”.
Herts Highways tweeted: “A1001 Comet Way, #Hatfield Northbound - Long delays due to diverted traffic from #A1M Hatfield Tunnel CLOSURE”
Two lanes of the motorway passing underneath The Galleria have since re-opened.
The Highways Agency’s Twitter feed @HAtraffic_east reported: “#A1M #Hertfordshire now has 2 lanes open northbound J3 and J4 #Hatfield Tunnel following an incident. Long delays.”
Motorists heading towards Hatfield from St Albans also face long tailbacks between the London Colney roundabout and the A1(M).
You may also want to watch:
Herts Highways’ Twitter feed reported: “INCIDENT: A414 North Orbital Road Eastbound Colney Heath Long delays due to #A1M CLOSURE”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best