Traffic delays in Hatfield following A1(M) closure
- Credit: Archant
Drivers in Hatfield face ‘long delays’ as a result of the A1(M) road closure near The Galleria outlet shopping centre.
The northbound carriageway of the A1(M) was closed this afternoon (Friday) near the Hatfield Tunnel, after reports of a man being “seriously ill on the hard shoulder”.
Herts Highways tweeted: “A1001 Comet Way, #Hatfield Northbound - Long delays due to diverted traffic from #A1M Hatfield Tunnel CLOSURE”
Two lanes of the motorway passing underneath The Galleria have since re-opened.
The Highways Agency’s Twitter feed @HAtraffic_east reported: “#A1M #Hertfordshire now has 2 lanes open northbound J3 and J4 #Hatfield Tunnel following an incident. Long delays.”
Motorists heading towards Hatfield from St Albans also face long tailbacks between the London Colney roundabout and the A1(M).
You may also want to watch:
Herts Highways’ Twitter feed reported: “INCIDENT: A414 North Orbital Road Eastbound Colney Heath Long delays due to #A1M CLOSURE”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston