Tractor overturns on dual carriageway near Welwyn Garden City
A TRACTOR and its three trailers, spanning more than 40ft, overturned on a dual carriageway roundabout.
About 13 tonnes of straw spilled onto the A414 in the accident, at 12.10pm, on Saturday, where the road connects with the B195 Birchall Lane, in WGC.
A police spokeswoman said the road had to be closed until 3.45pm as officers cleared the scene and the tractor was recovered.
One onlooker said strong winds lifted the back end of the last trailer, resulting in the entire vehicle flipping on to its side.
Passing motorists rushed to the aid of the driver, who was miraculously unhurt in the ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics