Tractor overturns on dual carriageway near Welwyn Garden City
A TRACTOR and its three trailers, spanning more than 40ft, overturned on a dual carriageway roundabout.
About 13 tonnes of straw spilled onto the A414 in the accident, at 12.10pm, on Saturday, where the road connects with the B195 Birchall Lane, in WGC.
A police spokeswoman said the road had to be closed until 3.45pm as officers cleared the scene and the tractor was recovered.
One onlooker said strong winds lifted the back end of the last trailer, resulting in the entire vehicle flipping on to its side.
Passing motorists rushed to the aid of the driver, who was miraculously unhurt in the ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures