Major M25 Hertfordshire delays after two-lorry crash
- Credit: Highways England
There are severe delays on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 22 and 25 for St Albans, Hatfield and Potters Bar after two lorries crashed.
Police were called at 4.19pm today to reports of a damage-only crash between the two lorries.
Traffic was at a standstill on all four lanes until one of the lorries could be moved.
The second lorry is “significantly damaged” and its load had “shifted precariously”, according to a tweet from Highways England, meaning it couldn’t be moved for over an hour.
Lanes were closed until around 5.30pm, but have now re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been released but Highways England is still warning of delays of over an hour and a half.
Highways England went on to recommend planning other routes for your journey, and allowing extra time.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
A spokesperson for the Met Police said it does not look as though there were serious injuries.
Updates to follow.