Major M25 Hertfordshire delays after two-lorry crash
- Credit: Highways England
There are severe delays on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 22 and 25 for St Albans, Hatfield and Potters Bar after two lorries crashed.
Police were called at 4.19pm today to reports of a damage-only crash between the two lorries.
Traffic was at a standstill on all four lanes until one of the lorries could be moved.
The second lorry is “significantly damaged” and its load had “shifted precariously”, according to a tweet from Highways England, meaning it couldn’t be moved for over an hour.
Lanes were closed until around 5.30pm, but have now re-opened.
Traffic has been released but Highways England is still warning of delays of over an hour and a half.
Highways England went on to recommend planning other routes for your journey, and allowing extra time.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
A spokesperson for the Met Police said it does not look as though there were serious injuries.
Updates to follow.