Major M25 Hertfordshire delays after two-lorry crash
- Credit: Highways England
There are severe delays on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 22 and 25 for St Albans, Hatfield and Potters Bar after two lorries crashed.
Police were called at 4.19pm today to reports of a damage-only crash between the two lorries.
Traffic was at a standstill on all four lanes until one of the lorries could be moved.
The second lorry is “significantly damaged” and its load had “shifted precariously”, according to a tweet from Highways England, meaning it couldn’t be moved for over an hour.
Lanes were closed until around 5.30pm, but have now re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been released but Highways England is still warning of delays of over an hour and a half.
Highways England went on to recommend planning other routes for your journey, and allowing extra time.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 6 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
A spokesperson for the Met Police said it does not look as though there were serious injuries.
Updates to follow.