Major M25 Hertfordshire delays after two-lorry crash
- Credit: Highways England
There are severe delays on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 22 and 25 for St Albans, Hatfield and Potters Bar after two lorries crashed.
Police were called at 4.19pm today to reports of a damage-only crash between the two lorries.
Traffic was at a standstill on all four lanes until one of the lorries could be moved.
The second lorry is “significantly damaged” and its load had “shifted precariously”, according to a tweet from Highways England, meaning it couldn’t be moved for over an hour.
Lanes were closed until around 5.30pm, but have now re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been released but Highways England is still warning of delays of over an hour and a half.
Highways England went on to recommend planning other routes for your journey, and allowing extra time.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
A spokesperson for the Met Police said it does not look as though there were serious injuries.
Updates to follow.