Major M25 Hertfordshire delays after two-lorry crash
- Credit: Highways England
There are severe delays on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 22 and 25 for St Albans, Hatfield and Potters Bar after two lorries crashed.
Police were called at 4.19pm today to reports of a damage-only crash between the two lorries.
Traffic was at a standstill on all four lanes until one of the lorries could be moved.
The second lorry is “significantly damaged” and its load had “shifted precariously”, according to a tweet from Highways England, meaning it couldn’t be moved for over an hour.
Lanes were closed until around 5.30pm, but have now re-opened.
Traffic has been released but Highways England is still warning of delays of over an hour and a half.
Highways England went on to recommend planning other routes for your journey, and allowing extra time.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
A spokesperson for the Met Police said it does not look as though there were serious injuries.
Updates to follow.