Station redesign disrupts Hatfield bus services
- Credit: Archant
Train bosses have appealed for patience while they restructure the bus stops at Hatfield Railway Station, promising long term improvements.
As the station area is being comprehensively redeveloped, buses will not be able to use the forecourt to stop and turn round in until December 20.
Meanwhile, northbound buses are stopping at an existing “lay-up stop” immediately south of the station entrance, and southbound services are calling at a temporary stop on the opposite side of the road.
As the southbound stop will be in use at least a year until the completion of the entire project, county council highways engineers are providing a “structured pedestrian walkway” across the A1000, and controlling traffic with new lanes.
Jonathan Morris tweeted: “Hatfield station is chaos. Buses, taxis, cars, pedestrians + lights out, improper crossing, no signs... Ticking time bomb.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Perkins of First Capital Connect responded: “We are aware of the inconvenience this will cause for people, but we hope they appreciate that in the long term it will be far far better.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire