Sparks fly in Hatfield clamping row
A MYSTERY duo took matters into their own hands after car parking attendants struck outside a school this week.
The pair were passing by Howe Dell School in Hatfield last Thursday afternoon, where more than a dozen cars belonging to mums picking up their children were clamped right in front of their eyes.
Around 10 angry parents had to cough up �120 to Parking Control Management (PCM) to get the clamps removed.
But one mum was more lucky.
Armed with an angle-grinder, two men removed the clamp themselves amid a flurry of sparks.
But the gesture did nothing to appease others, who called the Welwyn Hatfield Times to complain about the clamping.
The problem arose after new posters suddenly appeared stating non-permit parking was only allowed on Salisbury Hall Drive, Dragon Road and The Runway at limited times on weekdays.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
Parents were never informed of the change, nor saw the posters.
For more reaction to this story, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now.