Southbound line reopened after train blaze at Welwyn North
- Credit: Archant
Delays up to 45 minutes are still expected on the Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A fire on the 10.30 Hull Trains service from Hull to King’s Cross has caused travel disruption this afternoon (May 10).
The fire service, paramedics and the transport police were all called to the scene at Welwyn North at 1pm.
All passengers had to disembark, but there were no injuries and no people taken to hospital.
Great Northern trains heading south have been diverted via Hertford North, with some passengers for Welwyn Garden City having been delayed over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The train has now been moved, and engineers inspected the tracks before reopening the line.
Delays of up to 45 minutes are expected until around 6pm.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man