Southbound line reopened after train blaze at Welwyn North
- Credit: Archant
Delays up to 45 minutes are still expected on the Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A fire on the 10.30 Hull Trains service from Hull to King’s Cross has caused travel disruption this afternoon (May 10).
The fire service, paramedics and the transport police were all called to the scene at Welwyn North at 1pm.
All passengers had to disembark, but there were no injuries and no people taken to hospital.
Great Northern trains heading south have been diverted via Hertford North, with some passengers for Welwyn Garden City having been delayed over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The train has now been moved, and engineers inspected the tracks before reopening the line.
Delays of up to 45 minutes are expected until around 6pm.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital