Southbound line reopened after train blaze at Welwyn North
- Credit: Archant
Delays up to 45 minutes are still expected on the Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A fire on the 10.30 Hull Trains service from Hull to King’s Cross has caused travel disruption this afternoon (May 10).
The fire service, paramedics and the transport police were all called to the scene at Welwyn North at 1pm.
All passengers had to disembark, but there were no injuries and no people taken to hospital.
Great Northern trains heading south have been diverted via Hertford North, with some passengers for Welwyn Garden City having been delayed over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The train has now been moved, and engineers inspected the tracks before reopening the line.
Delays of up to 45 minutes are expected until around 6pm.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack