Southbound line reopened after train blaze at Welwyn North
- Credit: Archant
Delays up to 45 minutes are still expected on the Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A fire on the 10.30 Hull Trains service from Hull to King’s Cross has caused travel disruption this afternoon (May 10).
The fire service, paramedics and the transport police were all called to the scene at Welwyn North at 1pm.
All passengers had to disembark, but there were no injuries and no people taken to hospital.
Great Northern trains heading south have been diverted via Hertford North, with some passengers for Welwyn Garden City having been delayed over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The train has now been moved, and engineers inspected the tracks before reopening the line.
Delays of up to 45 minutes are expected until around 6pm.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth