Southbound line reopened after train blaze at Welwyn North
- Credit: Archant
Delays up to 45 minutes are still expected on the Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A fire on the 10.30 Hull Trains service from Hull to King’s Cross has caused travel disruption this afternoon (May 10).
The fire service, paramedics and the transport police were all called to the scene at Welwyn North at 1pm.
All passengers had to disembark, but there were no injuries and no people taken to hospital.
Great Northern trains heading south have been diverted via Hertford North, with some passengers for Welwyn Garden City having been delayed over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The train has now been moved, and engineers inspected the tracks before reopening the line.
Delays of up to 45 minutes are expected until around 6pm.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Police disperse large group near the university
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules