Sonisphere fans are happy campers
TENTS are already starting to spring up in the grounds of Knebworth Park.
Some 45,000 rock fans are beginning to converge on the stately home site for this weekend’s Sonisphere Festival.
Thousands will be setting up camp until Monday – with the grounds opening up to early campers at 3pm today (Thursday).
Many have already pitched their tents – as our picture shows – while general camping admission opens at noon tomorrow (Friday).
And organisers say its not too late for festivalgoers who were not planning on camping, to change their minds.
A spokesman said: “It you suddenly decide you’d like to camp, come early, buy a locker or bring you car – you can pay for all of this on the day and prices are on the ticket page on our website.
“However, it will cost you more on the day.”
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 8 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
Alice Cooper, German industrial rockers Rammstein and British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden are the festival’s three main headliners.