Sonisphere fans are happy campers
TENTS are already starting to spring up in the grounds of Knebworth Park.
Some 45,000 rock fans are beginning to converge on the stately home site for this weekend’s Sonisphere Festival.
Thousands will be setting up camp until Monday – with the grounds opening up to early campers at 3pm today (Thursday).
Many have already pitched their tents – as our picture shows – while general camping admission opens at noon tomorrow (Friday).
And organisers say its not too late for festivalgoers who were not planning on camping, to change their minds.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It you suddenly decide you’d like to camp, come early, buy a locker or bring you car – you can pay for all of this on the day and prices are on the ticket page on our website.
“However, it will cost you more on the day.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
Alice Cooper, German industrial rockers Rammstein and British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden are the festival’s three main headliners.