Sonisphere fans are happy campers
TENTS are already starting to spring up in the grounds of Knebworth Park.
Some 45,000 rock fans are beginning to converge on the stately home site for this weekend’s Sonisphere Festival.
Thousands will be setting up camp until Monday – with the grounds opening up to early campers at 3pm today (Thursday).
Many have already pitched their tents – as our picture shows – while general camping admission opens at noon tomorrow (Friday).
And organisers say its not too late for festivalgoers who were not planning on camping, to change their minds.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It you suddenly decide you’d like to camp, come early, buy a locker or bring you car – you can pay for all of this on the day and prices are on the ticket page on our website.
“However, it will cost you more on the day.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
Alice Cooper, German industrial rockers Rammstein and British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden are the festival’s three main headliners.