Sonisphere fans are happy campers
TENTS are already starting to spring up in the grounds of Knebworth Park.
Some 45,000 rock fans are beginning to converge on the stately home site for this weekend’s Sonisphere Festival.
Thousands will be setting up camp until Monday – with the grounds opening up to early campers at 3pm today (Thursday).
Many have already pitched their tents – as our picture shows – while general camping admission opens at noon tomorrow (Friday).
And organisers say its not too late for festivalgoers who were not planning on camping, to change their minds.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It you suddenly decide you’d like to camp, come early, buy a locker or bring you car – you can pay for all of this on the day and prices are on the ticket page on our website.
“However, it will cost you more on the day.”
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
Alice Cooper, German industrial rockers Rammstein and British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden are the festival’s three main headliners.