Sonisphere 2014: Travel advice issued for festivalgoers heading to Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned of delays and some road closures ahead of the Sonisphere music festival at Knebworth Park next weekend.
Thousands of people are due at the event between Thursday, July 3, and Monday, July 7, and congestion is expected on the A1(M) and around Stevenage and Knebworth.
Drivers will need to use the A1(M) Junction 7 to access the site, which is different to previous events at the location.
Southbound traffic should leave the motorway at Junction 8 and go along the A602 Hitchin Road, A1072 Gunnels Wood Road and A602 Broadhall Way.
Northbound motorists can use Junction 7 left turn into the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Westbound traffic should use the A602 into the venue via A1m Junction 7 and eastbound should use A602 to A1(M) Junction 8 then follow signs as per southbound traffic.
To leave the venue motorists should take the Novotel road onto A1(M) Junction 7 roundabout and access the A1(M) southbound or A602 eastbound. Alternatively, drivers can leave the site through Deer Gate and go onto Old Knebworth Lane, then the B197 London Road and follow signs to A1(M) Junction 7 for the A1 south or A1(M) Junction 8 for A1 north.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire