Sonisphere 2014: Travel advice issued for festivalgoers heading to Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned of delays and some road closures ahead of the Sonisphere music festival at Knebworth Park next weekend.
Thousands of people are due at the event between Thursday, July 3, and Monday, July 7, and congestion is expected on the A1(M) and around Stevenage and Knebworth.
Drivers will need to use the A1(M) Junction 7 to access the site, which is different to previous events at the location.
Southbound traffic should leave the motorway at Junction 8 and go along the A602 Hitchin Road, A1072 Gunnels Wood Road and A602 Broadhall Way.
Northbound motorists can use Junction 7 left turn into the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Westbound traffic should use the A602 into the venue via A1m Junction 7 and eastbound should use A602 to A1(M) Junction 8 then follow signs as per southbound traffic.
To leave the venue motorists should take the Novotel road onto A1(M) Junction 7 roundabout and access the A1(M) southbound or A602 eastbound. Alternatively, drivers can leave the site through Deer Gate and go onto Old Knebworth Lane, then the B197 London Road and follow signs to A1(M) Junction 7 for the A1 south or A1(M) Junction 8 for A1 north.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals