Snow in Welwyn Hatfield: Schools allow children to leave early
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of schools in Welwyn Hatfield today (Monday) said children would be allowed to leave early because of snow disruption.
Heavy snowfall is expected to continue this afternoon, with Met Office chiefs expecting between 2cm and 5cm to accumulate across the region.
No schools have closed, but parents have been told they can pick children up early.
Among the schools allowing children to leave early are:
- Watchlytes, Welwyn Garden City, which said: “If anyone wishes to pick up early due to snow/transport concerns then please do.”
You may also want to watch:
- Templewood Primary, which said: “Currently school is open until 3.15, however you can collect from 2.15 from the school office.”
- Rowans Primary, which said: “Currently school is open until 3.15 however you can collect from 2.15 from the school office.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- Harwood Hill JMI & Nursery, which said: “Children can be collected anytime from 2.00 please take care.”