Snow in Welwyn Hatfield: Schools allow children to leave early
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of schools in Welwyn Hatfield today (Monday) said children would be allowed to leave early because of snow disruption.
Heavy snowfall is expected to continue this afternoon, with Met Office chiefs expecting between 2cm and 5cm to accumulate across the region.
No schools have closed, but parents have been told they can pick children up early.
Among the schools allowing children to leave early are:
- Watchlytes, Welwyn Garden City, which said: “If anyone wishes to pick up early due to snow/transport concerns then please do.”
You may also want to watch:
- Templewood Primary, which said: “Currently school is open until 3.15, however you can collect from 2.15 from the school office.”
- Rowans Primary, which said: “Currently school is open until 3.15 however you can collect from 2.15 from the school office.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- Harwood Hill JMI & Nursery, which said: “Children can be collected anytime from 2.00 please take care.”