Snow in Welwyn Hatfield: Schools allow children to leave early
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of schools in Welwyn Hatfield today (Monday) said children would be allowed to leave early because of snow disruption.
Heavy snowfall is expected to continue this afternoon, with Met Office chiefs expecting between 2cm and 5cm to accumulate across the region.
No schools have closed, but parents have been told they can pick children up early.
Among the schools allowing children to leave early are:
- Watchlytes, Welwyn Garden City, which said: “If anyone wishes to pick up early due to snow/transport concerns then please do.”
You may also want to watch:
- Templewood Primary, which said: “Currently school is open until 3.15, however you can collect from 2.15 from the school office.”
- Rowans Primary, which said: “Currently school is open until 3.15 however you can collect from 2.15 from the school office.”
- 1 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 2 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 3 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 4 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- Harwood Hill JMI & Nursery, which said: “Children can be collected anytime from 2.00 please take care.”