Snow in Welwyn Garden City amid weather warning
- Credit: Archant
A dusting of snowflakes has drifted down from the heavens into Welwyn Garden City as the Met Office issues a yellow warning for ice across the whole borough.
There’s a 60 to 80 per cent chance the snow will continue until at least 8pm, and the icy weather is here for a couple of days at least.
Between 4pm today (January 22) and 11am tomorrow, the weather experts warn that ice will form on some surfaces in Welwyn Hatfield.
Temperatures will hover at 1°C, but may feel as low as -5°C in the morning.
There should be ice on some roads, pavements and cycle paths by morning, the Met Office adds.
You may also want to watch:
• Catch any good snow pics? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire