Six-car pile-up leaves two injured and road blocked
- Credit: Archant
A SIX-CAR pile-up near Brocket Hall left two people injured and blocked a road.
The aftermath of the smash, this morning (Wednesday), on the B653/Marford Road is still being dealth with by emergency services.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Constabulary told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We received a report of a six-vehicle collision on Marford Road, close to the entrance of Brocket Hall at 11.45am.
“The road was blocked as a result and at least one person, a male, has received treatment from the ambulance service.
“The vehicles involved are a silver Mondeo, silver VW Passat, another silver Mondeo, a silver Land Rover Freelander, a grey Audi A4, and a black Ford Ka.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The incident is on-going so no more details available at this stage.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two casualties suffered minor injuries and were conveyed to QE2 Hospital.”
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays