Six-car pile-up leaves two injured and road blocked
- Credit: Archant
A SIX-CAR pile-up near Brocket Hall left two people injured and blocked a road.
The aftermath of the smash, this morning (Wednesday), on the B653/Marford Road is still being dealth with by emergency services.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Constabulary told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We received a report of a six-vehicle collision on Marford Road, close to the entrance of Brocket Hall at 11.45am.
“The road was blocked as a result and at least one person, a male, has received treatment from the ambulance service.
“The vehicles involved are a silver Mondeo, silver VW Passat, another silver Mondeo, a silver Land Rover Freelander, a grey Audi A4, and a black Ford Ka.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The incident is on-going so no more details available at this stage.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two casualties suffered minor injuries and were conveyed to QE2 Hospital.”
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya