Six-car pile-up leaves two injured and road blocked
- Credit: Archant
A SIX-CAR pile-up near Brocket Hall left two people injured and blocked a road.
The aftermath of the smash, this morning (Wednesday), on the B653/Marford Road is still being dealth with by emergency services.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Constabulary told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We received a report of a six-vehicle collision on Marford Road, close to the entrance of Brocket Hall at 11.45am.
“The road was blocked as a result and at least one person, a male, has received treatment from the ambulance service.
“The vehicles involved are a silver Mondeo, silver VW Passat, another silver Mondeo, a silver Land Rover Freelander, a grey Audi A4, and a black Ford Ka.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The incident is on-going so no more details available at this stage.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two casualties suffered minor injuries and were conveyed to QE2 Hospital.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton