Signalling problems at Potters Bar cause delays for Great Northern passengers
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters face delays of up to 30 minutes this morning because of signalling problems at Potters Bar.
The problems affect all routes between Stevenage and Kings Cross.
These services include Great Northern, Virgin East Coast from Newcastle and Leeds, Grand Central trains from Bradford and Sunderland and First Hull trains.
Network Rail say there is no firm estimate on how long these delays will last but it is likely to continue to at least 10am.
Some services may be diverted via Hertford North.
Great Northern passengers can use London Underground and Abellio Greater Anglia services on any reasonable route.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital