Train delays due to signalling fault near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A signalling fault is causing disruption for Potters Bar rail passengers.
Great Northern said at 12.30pm today (June 7) that the fault between Potters Bar and Hadley Wood means trains have to run at a reduced speed on northbound lines between Alexandra Palace and Potters Bar.
Disruption, including delays of up to 20 minutes, is expected until 3pm.
The Great Northern website states: “There is a reported fault with the signalling system and Network Rail, who own and maintain the equipment, have staff attending to effect repairs.
“Whilst this is ongoing, services may be delayed or subject to alteration.
You may also want to watch:
“Once the fault is repaired, staff will be working to restore the train service to the normal timetable as quickly as possible.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return