Train delays due to signalling fault near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A signalling fault is causing disruption for Potters Bar rail passengers.
Great Northern said at 12.30pm today (June 7) that the fault between Potters Bar and Hadley Wood means trains have to run at a reduced speed on northbound lines between Alexandra Palace and Potters Bar.
Disruption, including delays of up to 20 minutes, is expected until 3pm.
The Great Northern website states: “There is a reported fault with the signalling system and Network Rail, who own and maintain the equipment, have staff attending to effect repairs.
“Whilst this is ongoing, services may be delayed or subject to alteration.
You may also want to watch:
“Once the fault is repaired, staff will be working to restore the train service to the normal timetable as quickly as possible.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street