Severe delays for First Capital Connect commuters
- Credit: Archant
First Capital Connect commuters face misery this morning (Tuesday) because of a signalling problem.
The company said it has had to “thin out” services on the Great Northern route, which covers stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Knebworth, Potters Bar, North Welwyn and Cuffley.
Engineers from Network Rail are working on the signalling problem between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
A statement on the FCC website said: “We have had to thin out our service across all routes into King’s Cross and Moorgate and bring in buses.
“We cannot serve stations between New Southgate and Hadley Wood.
You may also want to watch:
“FCC rail tickets can be used on Greater Anglia, the Bedford to Brighton Thameslink route (car park season ticket holders will be able to park in our station car parks there) and London Underground.”
Tickets will also be accepted on Uno buses between Hatfield and St Albans.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Head of planning to leave for county council role