Severe delays for First Capital Connect commuters
- Credit: Archant
First Capital Connect commuters face misery this morning (Tuesday) because of a signalling problem.
The company said it has had to “thin out” services on the Great Northern route, which covers stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Knebworth, Potters Bar, North Welwyn and Cuffley.
Engineers from Network Rail are working on the signalling problem between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
A statement on the FCC website said: “We have had to thin out our service across all routes into King’s Cross and Moorgate and bring in buses.
“We cannot serve stations between New Southgate and Hadley Wood.
You may also want to watch:
“FCC rail tickets can be used on Greater Anglia, the Bedford to Brighton Thameslink route (car park season ticket holders will be able to park in our station car parks there) and London Underground.”
Tickets will also be accepted on Uno buses between Hatfield and St Albans.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist