Severe delays for First Capital Connect commuters
- Credit: Archant
First Capital Connect commuters face misery this morning (Tuesday) because of a signalling problem.
The company said it has had to “thin out” services on the Great Northern route, which covers stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Knebworth, Potters Bar, North Welwyn and Cuffley.
Engineers from Network Rail are working on the signalling problem between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
A statement on the FCC website said: “We have had to thin out our service across all routes into King’s Cross and Moorgate and bring in buses.
“We cannot serve stations between New Southgate and Hadley Wood.
You may also want to watch:
“FCC rail tickets can be used on Greater Anglia, the Bedford to Brighton Thameslink route (car park season ticket holders will be able to park in our station car parks there) and London Underground.”
Tickets will also be accepted on Uno buses between Hatfield and St Albans.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire