Severe delays for First Capital Connect commuters
- Credit: Archant
First Capital Connect commuters face misery this morning (Tuesday) because of a signalling problem.
The company said it has had to “thin out” services on the Great Northern route, which covers stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Knebworth, Potters Bar, North Welwyn and Cuffley.
Engineers from Network Rail are working on the signalling problem between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
A statement on the FCC website said: “We have had to thin out our service across all routes into King’s Cross and Moorgate and bring in buses.
“We cannot serve stations between New Southgate and Hadley Wood.
You may also want to watch:
“FCC rail tickets can be used on Greater Anglia, the Bedford to Brighton Thameslink route (car park season ticket holders will be able to park in our station car parks there) and London Underground.”
Tickets will also be accepted on Uno buses between Hatfield and St Albans.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas