School closures in Hertfordshire due to snow
A NUMBER of schools in Hertfordshire are shut today (Monday) due to the weather.
In Times Territory, the only confirmed closure is of Commonswood School in The Commons, Welwyn Garden City.
Other schools in Stevenage, St Albans, Hertford, Ware, Hoddesdon, Hemel Hempstead and Bishop’s Stortford are also staying shut.
St Philip Howard School in Woods Avenue, Hatfield, has announced it will be open as usual – but pupils are advised not to wear uniform.
It is up to individual headteachers to decide whether to open or not in circumstances like extreme weather.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said, wherever possible, schools would stay open despite this weekend’s snow.
* You can check if your school is open or closed by clicking on the link above right.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 3 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 4 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 8 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 9 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?