School closures in Hertfordshire due to snow
A NUMBER of schools in Hertfordshire are shut today (Monday) due to the weather.
In Times Territory, the only confirmed closure is of Commonswood School in The Commons, Welwyn Garden City.
Other schools in Stevenage, St Albans, Hertford, Ware, Hoddesdon, Hemel Hempstead and Bishop’s Stortford are also staying shut.
St Philip Howard School in Woods Avenue, Hatfield, has announced it will be open as usual – but pupils are advised not to wear uniform.
It is up to individual headteachers to decide whether to open or not in circumstances like extreme weather.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said, wherever possible, schools would stay open despite this weekend’s snow.
* You can check if your school is open or closed by clicking on the link above right.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack