School closures in Hertfordshire due to snow
A NUMBER of schools in Hertfordshire are shut today (Monday) due to the weather.
In Times Territory, the only confirmed closure is of Commonswood School in The Commons, Welwyn Garden City.
Other schools in Stevenage, St Albans, Hertford, Ware, Hoddesdon, Hemel Hempstead and Bishop’s Stortford are also staying shut.
St Philip Howard School in Woods Avenue, Hatfield, has announced it will be open as usual – but pupils are advised not to wear uniform.
It is up to individual headteachers to decide whether to open or not in circumstances like extreme weather.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said, wherever possible, schools would stay open despite this weekend’s snow.
* You can check if your school is open or closed by clicking on the link above right.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes