School closures in Hertfordshire due to snow
A NUMBER of schools in Hertfordshire are shut today (Monday) due to the weather.
In Times Territory, the only confirmed closure is of Commonswood School in The Commons, Welwyn Garden City.
Other schools in Stevenage, St Albans, Hertford, Ware, Hoddesdon, Hemel Hempstead and Bishop’s Stortford are also staying shut.
St Philip Howard School in Woods Avenue, Hatfield, has announced it will be open as usual – but pupils are advised not to wear uniform.
It is up to individual headteachers to decide whether to open or not in circumstances like extreme weather.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said, wherever possible, schools would stay open despite this weekend’s snow.
* You can check if your school is open or closed by clicking on the link above right.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Police disperse large group near the university
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules