Rubbish collections in Potters Bar go-ahead despite snow
RUBBISH collections across Potters Bar are taking place today (Wednesday) despite the adverse weather.
Hertsmere Borough Council has closed its area office in the town, but the civic offices in Borehamewood remain open.
A council spokeswoman said: “Officers and waste crews from Hertsmere Borough Council are working hard to ensure that services are delivered as near to normal as possible today, but the heavy snowfalls in parts of the borough are causing some disruption.
“Driving conditions are difficult in places, and while all our waste crews are out and working, it is inevitable that some locations will not be accessible.
“Therefore if your bin is not collected as expected, please bear with us.
You may also want to watch:
“We will attempt to re-collect, depending on the changing situation, but it may not be possible to reach you.”
All 50 plus activities are suspended.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
Councillor Jean Heywood said: “We have been working hard to minimise any disruption to our services and our waste crews have been out as normal today.
“We will obviously continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated if anything changes as more snow is forecast. We thank residents in advance for their patience and support for our crews.”