Rubbish collections in Potters Bar go-ahead despite snow
RUBBISH collections across Potters Bar are taking place today (Wednesday) despite the adverse weather.
Hertsmere Borough Council has closed its area office in the town, but the civic offices in Borehamewood remain open.
A council spokeswoman said: “Officers and waste crews from Hertsmere Borough Council are working hard to ensure that services are delivered as near to normal as possible today, but the heavy snowfalls in parts of the borough are causing some disruption.
“Driving conditions are difficult in places, and while all our waste crews are out and working, it is inevitable that some locations will not be accessible.
“Therefore if your bin is not collected as expected, please bear with us.
“We will attempt to re-collect, depending on the changing situation, but it may not be possible to reach you.”
All 50 plus activities are suspended.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 8 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 9 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
Councillor Jean Heywood said: “We have been working hard to minimise any disruption to our services and our waste crews have been out as normal today.
“We will obviously continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated if anything changes as more snow is forecast. We thank residents in advance for their patience and support for our crews.”