Rubbish collections in Potters Bar go-ahead despite snow
RUBBISH collections across Potters Bar are taking place today (Wednesday) despite the adverse weather.
Hertsmere Borough Council has closed its area office in the town, but the civic offices in Borehamewood remain open.
A council spokeswoman said: “Officers and waste crews from Hertsmere Borough Council are working hard to ensure that services are delivered as near to normal as possible today, but the heavy snowfalls in parts of the borough are causing some disruption.
“Driving conditions are difficult in places, and while all our waste crews are out and working, it is inevitable that some locations will not be accessible.
“Therefore if your bin is not collected as expected, please bear with us.
You may also want to watch:
“We will attempt to re-collect, depending on the changing situation, but it may not be possible to reach you.”
All 50 plus activities are suspended.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
Councillor Jean Heywood said: “We have been working hard to minimise any disruption to our services and our waste crews have been out as normal today.
“We will obviously continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated if anything changes as more snow is forecast. We thank residents in advance for their patience and support for our crews.”