Rubbish collections in Potters Bar go-ahead despite snow
RUBBISH collections across Potters Bar are taking place today (Wednesday) despite the adverse weather.
Hertsmere Borough Council has closed its area office in the town, but the civic offices in Borehamewood remain open.
A council spokeswoman said: “Officers and waste crews from Hertsmere Borough Council are working hard to ensure that services are delivered as near to normal as possible today, but the heavy snowfalls in parts of the borough are causing some disruption.
“Driving conditions are difficult in places, and while all our waste crews are out and working, it is inevitable that some locations will not be accessible.
“Therefore if your bin is not collected as expected, please bear with us.
You may also want to watch:
“We will attempt to re-collect, depending on the changing situation, but it may not be possible to reach you.”
All 50 plus activities are suspended.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Councillor Jean Heywood said: “We have been working hard to minimise any disruption to our services and our waste crews have been out as normal today.
“We will obviously continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated if anything changes as more snow is forecast. We thank residents in advance for their patience and support for our crews.”