Rubbish collections in Potters Bar go-ahead despite snow
RUBBISH collections across Potters Bar are taking place today (Wednesday) despite the adverse weather.
Hertsmere Borough Council has closed its area office in the town, but the civic offices in Borehamewood remain open.
A council spokeswoman said: “Officers and waste crews from Hertsmere Borough Council are working hard to ensure that services are delivered as near to normal as possible today, but the heavy snowfalls in parts of the borough are causing some disruption.
“Driving conditions are difficult in places, and while all our waste crews are out and working, it is inevitable that some locations will not be accessible.
“Therefore if your bin is not collected as expected, please bear with us.
You may also want to watch:
“We will attempt to re-collect, depending on the changing situation, but it may not be possible to reach you.”
All 50 plus activities are suspended.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
Councillor Jean Heywood said: “We have been working hard to minimise any disruption to our services and our waste crews have been out as normal today.
“We will obviously continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated if anything changes as more snow is forecast. We thank residents in advance for their patience and support for our crews.”