Roadworks to close A1(M) bridge near Welwyn Garden City for nine nights
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks on the A1(M) will close a section of the dual carriage way when essential work is carried out overnight.
Maintenance will be carried out on the A414/A6129 bridge at Junction 4 (Oldings Corner) from Monday, December 9 for nine nights until December 18.
Joints on the structure will be replaced closing the road from 10pm to 5.30am each night.
A diversion will be in place for drivers.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Project Sponsor said: “These joints allow the bridge to adapt to changes in temperature without causing damage to the road surface.
You may also want to watch:
“Once completed the bridge will continue to provide safe journeys over the A1(M).
“We have planned the work to minimise disruption and that is why we will be carrying out the maintenance work overnight, when traffic flows are at their lowest.”
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 3 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals