Roadworks to close A1(M) bridge near Welwyn Garden City for nine nights
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks on the A1(M) will close a section of the dual carriage way when essential work is carried out overnight.
Maintenance will be carried out on the A414/A6129 bridge at Junction 4 (Oldings Corner) from Monday, December 9 for nine nights until December 18.
Joints on the structure will be replaced closing the road from 10pm to 5.30am each night.
A diversion will be in place for drivers.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Project Sponsor said: “These joints allow the bridge to adapt to changes in temperature without causing damage to the road surface.
You may also want to watch:
“Once completed the bridge will continue to provide safe journeys over the A1(M).
“We have planned the work to minimise disruption and that is why we will be carrying out the maintenance work overnight, when traffic flows are at their lowest.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?