Roadworks to close A1(M) bridge near Welwyn Garden City for nine nights
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks on the A1(M) will close a section of the dual carriage way when essential work is carried out overnight.
Maintenance will be carried out on the A414/A6129 bridge at Junction 4 (Oldings Corner) from Monday, December 9 for nine nights until December 18.
Joints on the structure will be replaced closing the road from 10pm to 5.30am each night.
A diversion will be in place for drivers.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Project Sponsor said: “These joints allow the bridge to adapt to changes in temperature without causing damage to the road surface.
You may also want to watch:
“Once completed the bridge will continue to provide safe journeys over the A1(M).
“We have planned the work to minimise disruption and that is why we will be carrying out the maintenance work overnight, when traffic flows are at their lowest.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?