Roadworks in perilous Welwyn stretch scheduled for weekend
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will take place this weekend in the A1000 Hertford Road following a string of recent accidents.
The surfacing works in Welwyn will take place on Sunday, Feburary 26, between 9am and 5pm, on the eastbound carriageway.
A Hetfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “Contractors will be removing the road surface as well as cleaning gullies and refreshing road markings.
“During the works temporary traffic management will be in place, which includes the A1(M) Junction 6 southbound off-slip and the roundabout having a single lane closure.
“The A1000 Hertford Road eastbound between the A1(M) Junction 6 roundabout and Bessemer Road roundabout will also be closed.
You may also want to watch:
“A fully signed diversion route will be in place.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield