Roadworks in perilous Welwyn stretch scheduled for weekend
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will take place this weekend in the A1000 Hertford Road following a string of recent accidents.
The surfacing works in Welwyn will take place on Sunday, Feburary 26, between 9am and 5pm, on the eastbound carriageway.
A Hetfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “Contractors will be removing the road surface as well as cleaning gullies and refreshing road markings.
“During the works temporary traffic management will be in place, which includes the A1(M) Junction 6 southbound off-slip and the roundabout having a single lane closure.
“The A1000 Hertford Road eastbound between the A1(M) Junction 6 roundabout and Bessemer Road roundabout will also be closed.
You may also want to watch:
“A fully signed diversion route will be in place.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed