Roadworks in perilous Welwyn stretch scheduled for weekend
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will take place this weekend in the A1000 Hertford Road following a string of recent accidents.
The surfacing works in Welwyn will take place on Sunday, Feburary 26, between 9am and 5pm, on the eastbound carriageway.
A Hetfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “Contractors will be removing the road surface as well as cleaning gullies and refreshing road markings.
“During the works temporary traffic management will be in place, which includes the A1(M) Junction 6 southbound off-slip and the roundabout having a single lane closure.
“The A1000 Hertford Road eastbound between the A1(M) Junction 6 roundabout and Bessemer Road roundabout will also be closed.
You may also want to watch:
“A fully signed diversion route will be in place.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar