Road closures warning ahead of Eastern Electrics festival in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire County Council is advising motorists of road closures and possible delays as a result of the Eastern Electrics music festival at Hatfield House.
Large numbers of people are expected at the event on Saturday, August 6 and motorists could therefore experience delays.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We strongly advise festival-goers to use public transport to the event if possible.
“If you must come by car please follow the signed routes to and from the site to avoid delays.
“We have put a number of road closures and waiting restrictions in place to manage the traffic and lessen the impact on the nearby residents. We apologise for any inconvenience.”
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, August 6, motorists are advised that:
* The A1000 Great North Road will be closed, except for access, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East, southwards to the junction with the B197 French Horn Lane/The Broadway roundabout. There will be a signed alternative route.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
* A number of roads off the A1000 Great North Road will also be closed except for access – Church Lane, The Broadway, Old Hertford Road, The Ryde, Lodge Drive and Mount Pleasant Lane.
* Beaconsfield Road will be closed from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East/Ground Lane roundabout, southbound to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
As well as the road closures, waiting will be disallowed on both sides of the following roads:
* The B6426 St Albans Road East, from the junction with the B197 Wellfield Road/B6426 Queensway roundabout to the junction with A1000 Great North Road.
* The B197 French Horn Lane, from the junction with the Wellfield Road/B6426 Queensway roundabout to the junction with the A1000 Great North Road/The Broadway roundabout.
* Beaconsfield Road, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East/Ground Lane roundabout to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
* The A1000 Hertford Road, from a point 392 metres northeast of its junction with A1000 Great North Road north-eastwards for approximately 354 metres.