Road closures today in Hatfield for Eastern Electrics dance music festival
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of road closures and possible delays in Hatfield today as a result of the Eastern Electrics music festival at Hatfield House.
Large numbers of revellers are expected at the electronic dance music event, and roads near Hatfield railway station will be closed from 10am to midnight, according to road signs in Old Hatfield.
The all-day house and techno extravaganza runs from 11am to 10pm in the grounds of Hatfield House.
County councillor Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We strongly advise festival-goers to use public transport to the event if possible.
“If you must come by car please follow the signed routes to and from the site to avoid delays.
You may also want to watch:
“We have put a number of road closures and waiting restrictions in place to manage the traffic and lessen the impact on the nearby residents.
“We apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
On Saturday, August 6, drivers are advised that:
• The A1000 Great North Road will be closed, except for access, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East, southwards to the junction with the B197 French Horn Lane / The Broadway roundabout. There will be a signed alternative route.
• A number of roads off the A1000 Great North Road will also be closed except for access – Church Lane, The Broadway, Old Hertford Road, The Ryde, Lodge Drive, and Mount Pleasant Lane.
• Beaconsfield Road will be closed from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East / Ground Lane roundabout, southbound to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
As well as the road closures, waiting will be disallowed on both sides of the following roads:
• The B6426 St Albans Road East, from the junction with the B197 Wellfield Road / Queensway roundabout to the junction with A1000 Great North Road.
• The B197 French Horn Lane, from the junction with the Wellfield Road / Queensway roundabout to the junction with the A1000 Great North Road / The Broadway roundabout.
• Beaconsfield Road, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East / Ground Lane roundabout to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
• The A1000 Hertford Road, from a point 392 metres north east of its junction with A1000 Great North Road north-eastwards for approximately 354 metres.