Road closures today in Hatfield for Eastern Electrics dance music festival
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of road closures and possible delays in Hatfield today as a result of the Eastern Electrics music festival at Hatfield House.
Large numbers of revellers are expected at the electronic dance music event, and roads near Hatfield railway station will be closed from 10am to midnight, according to road signs in Old Hatfield.
The all-day house and techno extravaganza runs from 11am to 10pm in the grounds of Hatfield House.
County councillor Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We strongly advise festival-goers to use public transport to the event if possible.
“If you must come by car please follow the signed routes to and from the site to avoid delays.
You may also want to watch:
“We have put a number of road closures and waiting restrictions in place to manage the traffic and lessen the impact on the nearby residents.
“We apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
On Saturday, August 6, drivers are advised that:
• The A1000 Great North Road will be closed, except for access, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East, southwards to the junction with the B197 French Horn Lane / The Broadway roundabout. There will be a signed alternative route.
• A number of roads off the A1000 Great North Road will also be closed except for access – Church Lane, The Broadway, Old Hertford Road, The Ryde, Lodge Drive, and Mount Pleasant Lane.
• Beaconsfield Road will be closed from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East / Ground Lane roundabout, southbound to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
As well as the road closures, waiting will be disallowed on both sides of the following roads:
• The B6426 St Albans Road East, from the junction with the B197 Wellfield Road / Queensway roundabout to the junction with A1000 Great North Road.
• The B197 French Horn Lane, from the junction with the Wellfield Road / Queensway roundabout to the junction with the A1000 Great North Road / The Broadway roundabout.
• Beaconsfield Road, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East / Ground Lane roundabout to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
• The A1000 Hertford Road, from a point 392 metres north east of its junction with A1000 Great North Road north-eastwards for approximately 354 metres.