Road closures today in Hatfield for Eastern Electrics dance music festival
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of road closures and possible delays in Hatfield today as a result of the Eastern Electrics music festival at Hatfield House.
Large numbers of revellers are expected at the electronic dance music event, and roads near Hatfield railway station will be closed from 10am to midnight, according to road signs in Old Hatfield.
The all-day house and techno extravaganza runs from 11am to 10pm in the grounds of Hatfield House.
County councillor Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We strongly advise festival-goers to use public transport to the event if possible.
“If you must come by car please follow the signed routes to and from the site to avoid delays.
You may also want to watch:
“We have put a number of road closures and waiting restrictions in place to manage the traffic and lessen the impact on the nearby residents.
“We apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
On Saturday, August 6, drivers are advised that:
• The A1000 Great North Road will be closed, except for access, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East, southwards to the junction with the B197 French Horn Lane / The Broadway roundabout. There will be a signed alternative route.
• A number of roads off the A1000 Great North Road will also be closed except for access – Church Lane, The Broadway, Old Hertford Road, The Ryde, Lodge Drive, and Mount Pleasant Lane.
• Beaconsfield Road will be closed from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East / Ground Lane roundabout, southbound to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
As well as the road closures, waiting will be disallowed on both sides of the following roads:
• The B6426 St Albans Road East, from the junction with the B197 Wellfield Road / Queensway roundabout to the junction with A1000 Great North Road.
• The B197 French Horn Lane, from the junction with the Wellfield Road / Queensway roundabout to the junction with the A1000 Great North Road / The Broadway roundabout.
• Beaconsfield Road, from the junction with the B6426 St Albans Road East / Ground Lane roundabout to the junction with B197 French Horn Lane.
• The A1000 Hertford Road, from a point 392 metres north east of its junction with A1000 Great North Road north-eastwards for approximately 354 metres.