Road closures as works planned on key Hertfordshire routes
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks are planned for vital transport routes in Hertfordshire next week, the Highways Agency has revealed.
The M1 Junction 6a will be closed for electrical work at the southbound link road to the clockwise M25, between 10pm and 5am, on Monday, October 20.
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place via the M25 junction 20.
M25 Junctions 25 to 27 will be speed limited for “major improvement” works to take place.
Narrow lanes and a 50mph speed limit will be in place on both carriageways between Junctions 25 and 27, with a free recovery service operating 24 hours a day.
You may also want to watch:
There will be additional lane and slip road closures required.
The clockwise entry slip road at Junction 25 will be closed overnight, between 10pm and 5.30am, for two nights from Friday 24 October.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Work on Friday night will start at 11pm.
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place via junction 24.
The clockwise exit slip road at junction 26 will be closed overnight, between 10pm and 5.30am, for three nights from Monday 20 October. A clearly signed diversion route will be in place via junction 28.
On the A1(M) Junctions 4 to 2 (Hatfield Tunnel), will close for a road survey.
The southbound carriageway will be closed overnight, between 10pm and 5am, for three nights from Tuesday, October 21.
A diversion route will be in place via the A1001.
A1(M) Junction 4 will have “carriageway sweeping” taking place.
The northbound exit slip road will be closed overnight, between 10pm and 5am, on Monday, October 20.
A diversion route will be in place via Junction 6.
A spokesman said: “The Highways Agency is working with the industry and road users to reduce the risks of working on the roads.
“For the safety of road workers and all road users, when you are approaching roadworks keep within the speed limit – it is there for your safety.
“Get into the correct lane in good time – don’t keep switching.
“Concentrate on the road ahead, not the roadworks.
“Be alert for works’ traffic leaving or entering roadworks.
“Keep a safe distance – there could be queues in front.
“Observe all signs – they are there to help you.”