Revised timetable announced by First Capital Connect as train users face further disruption
COMMUTERS whose journeys have been plagued with delays will now have to use a temporary timetable while work continues on failed power lines.
Train travel through Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar to and from London has been disrupted while work is carried out just north of Hitchin.
Until the failure is repaired no trains can call at Hitchin.
A First Capital Connect spokesman said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up and trains are leaving King’s Cross to Peterborough twice an hour - at six and 36 minutes past the hour.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Trains travelling from Peterborough to King’s Cross depart at 16 and 46 minutes past the hour.