Revised timetable announced by First Capital Connect as train users face further disruption
COMMUTERS whose journeys have been plagued with delays will now have to use a temporary timetable while work continues on failed power lines.
Train travel through Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar to and from London has been disrupted while work is carried out just north of Hitchin.
Until the failure is repaired no trains can call at Hitchin.
A First Capital Connect spokesman said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up and trains are leaving King’s Cross to Peterborough twice an hour - at six and 36 minutes past the hour.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
Trains travelling from Peterborough to King’s Cross depart at 16 and 46 minutes past the hour.