Revised timetable announced by First Capital Connect as train users face further disruption
COMMUTERS whose journeys have been plagued with delays will now have to use a temporary timetable while work continues on failed power lines.
Train travel through Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar to and from London has been disrupted while work is carried out just north of Hitchin.
Until the failure is repaired no trains can call at Hitchin.
A First Capital Connect spokesman said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up and trains are leaving King’s Cross to Peterborough twice an hour - at six and 36 minutes past the hour.
- 1 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 2 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
Trains travelling from Peterborough to King’s Cross depart at 16 and 46 minutes past the hour.