Revised timetable announced by First Capital Connect as train users face further disruption
COMMUTERS whose journeys have been plagued with delays will now have to use a temporary timetable while work continues on failed power lines.
Train travel through Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar to and from London has been disrupted while work is carried out just north of Hitchin.
Until the failure is repaired no trains can call at Hitchin.
A First Capital Connect spokesman said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up and trains are leaving King’s Cross to Peterborough twice an hour - at six and 36 minutes past the hour.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
Trains travelling from Peterborough to King’s Cross depart at 16 and 46 minutes past the hour.