Revised timetable announced by First Capital Connect as train users face further disruption
COMMUTERS whose journeys have been plagued with delays will now have to use a temporary timetable while work continues on failed power lines.
Train travel through Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar to and from London has been disrupted while work is carried out just north of Hitchin.
Until the failure is repaired no trains can call at Hitchin.
A First Capital Connect spokesman said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up and trains are leaving King’s Cross to Peterborough twice an hour - at six and 36 minutes past the hour.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Trains travelling from Peterborough to King’s Cross depart at 16 and 46 minutes past the hour.