Refuse and recycling collections unaffected in Welwyn Hatfield
ADVERSE weather conditions this morning (Monday) are not affecting refuse collection services in Times Territory.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has said refuse and recycling collection will be carried out as normal by service partner Serco.
Heavy snow across Hertfordshire this morning led to several traffic jams as road conditions became treacherous – leading to fears that council services could be halted as they were a month ago.
But a spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “Serco are working a normal service.”
Earlier today, Hertfordshire County Council announced it would not be sending out Herts Highways to grit the roads again, as the salt didn’t work in road temperatures above freezing.
You may also want to watch:
Instead, motorists were warned to take the usual precautions and that conditions were expected to improve throughout the day.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital