Refuse and recycling collections unaffected in Welwyn Hatfield
ADVERSE weather conditions this morning (Monday) are not affecting refuse collection services in Times Territory.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has said refuse and recycling collection will be carried out as normal by service partner Serco.
Heavy snow across Hertfordshire this morning led to several traffic jams as road conditions became treacherous – leading to fears that council services could be halted as they were a month ago.
But a spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “Serco are working a normal service.”
Earlier today, Hertfordshire County Council announced it would not be sending out Herts Highways to grit the roads again, as the salt didn’t work in road temperatures above freezing.
You may also want to watch:
Instead, motorists were warned to take the usual precautions and that conditions were expected to improve throughout the day.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost