Refuse and recycling collections unaffected in Welwyn Hatfield
ADVERSE weather conditions this morning (Monday) are not affecting refuse collection services in Times Territory.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has said refuse and recycling collection will be carried out as normal by service partner Serco.
Heavy snow across Hertfordshire this morning led to several traffic jams as road conditions became treacherous – leading to fears that council services could be halted as they were a month ago.
But a spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “Serco are working a normal service.”
Earlier today, Hertfordshire County Council announced it would not be sending out Herts Highways to grit the roads again, as the salt didn’t work in road temperatures above freezing.
You may also want to watch:
Instead, motorists were warned to take the usual precautions and that conditions were expected to improve throughout the day.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant