Refuse and recycling collections unaffected in Welwyn Hatfield
ADVERSE weather conditions this morning (Monday) are not affecting refuse collection services in Times Territory.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has said refuse and recycling collection will be carried out as normal by service partner Serco.
Heavy snow across Hertfordshire this morning led to several traffic jams as road conditions became treacherous – leading to fears that council services could be halted as they were a month ago.
But a spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “Serco are working a normal service.”
Earlier today, Hertfordshire County Council announced it would not be sending out Herts Highways to grit the roads again, as the salt didn’t work in road temperatures above freezing.
You may also want to watch:
Instead, motorists were warned to take the usual precautions and that conditions were expected to improve throughout the day.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack