Rail strike set for bank holiday Monday cancelled
- Credit: Archant
A rail strike planned for this Monday has been cancelled.
Rail unions RMT and TSSA made the annoucement this afternoon after reaching an agreement with Network Rail.
No official statement has yet been released.
The strike was to take place over 24-hours from 5pm on Monday.
Both Great Northern and Virgin East Coast had announced plans to run a very limited service prior to the news.
Great Northern have since tweeted: “We’ll be running the normal bank holiday service Monday & normal service on Tuesday.”
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers