Rail strike set for bank holiday Monday cancelled
- Credit: Archant
A rail strike planned for this Monday has been cancelled.
Rail unions RMT and TSSA made the annoucement this afternoon after reaching an agreement with Network Rail.
No official statement has yet been released.
The strike was to take place over 24-hours from 5pm on Monday.
Both Great Northern and Virgin East Coast had announced plans to run a very limited service prior to the news.
You may also want to watch:
Great Northern have since tweeted: “We’ll be running the normal bank holiday service Monday & normal service on Tuesday.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022