Broken down train blocks Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar rail route
- Credit: Archant
A broken down train is causing rail delays on the Great Northern route affecting numerous stations in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar on Wednesday, May 2.
The blockage, between Alexandra Palace and New Southgate, is causing delays on one of the Great Northern northbound lines between London Kings Cross/Moorgate and Stevenage.
This may affect journeys through Welwyn Garden City, Knebworth, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park, Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Services were diverted onto the other available northbound line to bypass the blockage.
One of the southbound lines was also temporarily blocked to allow engineers to see the train.
You may also want to watch:
Although all lines are now clear, “services may be subject to disruption whilst we work to get everything back in place”, said Great Northern in a tweet.
The company pointed out that it’s not their train that has broken down.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
Great Northern tickets are being accepted on reasonable routes served by Greater Anglia and London Underground.
Normal service is expected around 8pm.