Quad bike snow ploughs for First Capital Connect stations
QUAD bike snow ploughs to clear train station forecourts and car parks have been unveiled.
In preparation for this winter’s snow First Capital Connect (FCC) will be using the specialist vehicles, which can clear a station forecourt within 15 minutes.
FCC is believed to be the first train operating company in the UK to employ the use of quad bikes which will be available to every station and car park operated by the company.
The bikes will be operated by FCC’s cleaning contractors and will be transported across snow hit stations via the use of a dedicated van.
The van is equipped with snow tyres and snow chains to ensure that it will not be hampered by the weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
FCC’s head of customer services Keith Jipps said: “The Met Office is predicting this winter will be colder than last year and we at FCC are determined to be as well prepared as possible.
“The quad bike snow ploughs are a fantastic innovation and will be very useful in helping our customers to reach our stations and their destinations safely during times of snow disruption.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 10 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
FCC operates stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Potters Bar, Welwyn North and Knebworth