Quad bike snow ploughs for First Capital Connect stations
QUAD bike snow ploughs to clear train station forecourts and car parks have been unveiled.
In preparation for this winter’s snow First Capital Connect (FCC) will be using the specialist vehicles, which can clear a station forecourt within 15 minutes.
FCC is believed to be the first train operating company in the UK to employ the use of quad bikes which will be available to every station and car park operated by the company.
The bikes will be operated by FCC’s cleaning contractors and will be transported across snow hit stations via the use of a dedicated van.
The van is equipped with snow tyres and snow chains to ensure that it will not be hampered by the weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
FCC’s head of customer services Keith Jipps said: “The Met Office is predicting this winter will be colder than last year and we at FCC are determined to be as well prepared as possible.
“The quad bike snow ploughs are a fantastic innovation and will be very useful in helping our customers to reach our stations and their destinations safely during times of snow disruption.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
FCC operates stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Potters Bar, Welwyn North and Knebworth