Quad bike snow ploughs for First Capital Connect stations
QUAD bike snow ploughs to clear train station forecourts and car parks have been unveiled.
In preparation for this winter’s snow First Capital Connect (FCC) will be using the specialist vehicles, which can clear a station forecourt within 15 minutes.
FCC is believed to be the first train operating company in the UK to employ the use of quad bikes which will be available to every station and car park operated by the company.
The bikes will be operated by FCC’s cleaning contractors and will be transported across snow hit stations via the use of a dedicated van.
The van is equipped with snow tyres and snow chains to ensure that it will not be hampered by the weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
FCC’s head of customer services Keith Jipps said: “The Met Office is predicting this winter will be colder than last year and we at FCC are determined to be as well prepared as possible.
“The quad bike snow ploughs are a fantastic innovation and will be very useful in helping our customers to reach our stations and their destinations safely during times of snow disruption.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
FCC operates stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Potters Bar, Welwyn North and Knebworth