Quad bike snow ploughs for First Capital Connect stations
QUAD bike snow ploughs to clear train station forecourts and car parks have been unveiled.
In preparation for this winter’s snow First Capital Connect (FCC) will be using the specialist vehicles, which can clear a station forecourt within 15 minutes.
FCC is believed to be the first train operating company in the UK to employ the use of quad bikes which will be available to every station and car park operated by the company.
The bikes will be operated by FCC’s cleaning contractors and will be transported across snow hit stations via the use of a dedicated van.
The van is equipped with snow tyres and snow chains to ensure that it will not be hampered by the weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
FCC’s head of customer services Keith Jipps said: “The Met Office is predicting this winter will be colder than last year and we at FCC are determined to be as well prepared as possible.
“The quad bike snow ploughs are a fantastic innovation and will be very useful in helping our customers to reach our stations and their destinations safely during times of snow disruption.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
FCC operates stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Potters Bar, Welwyn North and Knebworth