Power cable failures cause commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
POWER cable failures caused commuter chaos this morning (Wednesday) with trains cancelled and delayed.
First Capital Connect cannot run any services to Peterborough due to the collapse of roughly one kilometre of overhead electrical wire between Peterborough and Biggleswade.
Rail services are starting and terminating at Biggleswade with two trains per hour running in each direction to and from London King’s Cross.
This line runs through Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn North and Knebworth.
Travellers are advised to use alternative routes wherever possible.
You may also want to watch:
Repairs are not expected to be completed until Friday.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes