Power cable failures cause commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
POWER cable failures caused commuter chaos this morning (Wednesday) with trains cancelled and delayed.
First Capital Connect cannot run any services to Peterborough due to the collapse of roughly one kilometre of overhead electrical wire between Peterborough and Biggleswade.
Rail services are starting and terminating at Biggleswade with two trains per hour running in each direction to and from London King’s Cross.
This line runs through Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn North and Knebworth.
Travellers are advised to use alternative routes wherever possible.
You may also want to watch:
Repairs are not expected to be completed until Friday.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park