Power cable failures cause commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
POWER cable failures caused commuter chaos this morning (Wednesday) with trains cancelled and delayed.
First Capital Connect cannot run any services to Peterborough due to the collapse of roughly one kilometre of overhead electrical wire between Peterborough and Biggleswade.
Rail services are starting and terminating at Biggleswade with two trains per hour running in each direction to and from London King’s Cross.
This line runs through Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn North and Knebworth.
Travellers are advised to use alternative routes wherever possible.
Repairs are not expected to be completed until Friday.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers