Power cable failures cause commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
POWER cable failures caused commuter chaos this morning (Wednesday) with trains cancelled and delayed.
First Capital Connect cannot run any services to Peterborough due to the collapse of roughly one kilometre of overhead electrical wire between Peterborough and Biggleswade.
Rail services are starting and terminating at Biggleswade with two trains per hour running in each direction to and from London King’s Cross.
This line runs through Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn North and Knebworth.
Travellers are advised to use alternative routes wherever possible.
You may also want to watch:
Repairs are not expected to be completed until Friday.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya