Police witness appeal following A1(M) collision near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision on the A1(M) today (Saturday) near to Welwyn Garden City.
At around 12.20pm, a grey Vauxhall Zafira was driving southbound on the road when it collided with the central reservation between Junction 5 and Junction 4.
No other vehicles are believed to have been involved in the accident at this stage.
However, officers investigating the crash are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw the car beforehand.
Sgt Pete Scholes, from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “We would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision or who saw this car driving south on the A1(M) before the collision occurred, but who have not yet spoken to police.
“We would also like to speak to anyone who possibly saw the car stopped on the hard shoulder around Junction 6 sometime before the collision.”
* Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City