Police witness appeal following A1(M) collision near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision on the A1(M) today (Saturday) near to Welwyn Garden City.
At around 12.20pm, a grey Vauxhall Zafira was driving southbound on the road when it collided with the central reservation between Junction 5 and Junction 4.
No other vehicles are believed to have been involved in the accident at this stage.
However, officers investigating the crash are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw the car beforehand.
Sgt Pete Scholes, from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “We would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision or who saw this car driving south on the A1(M) before the collision occurred, but who have not yet spoken to police.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to speak to anyone who possibly saw the car stopped on the hard shoulder around Junction 6 sometime before the collision.”
* Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield