Police witness appeal following A1(M) collision near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision on the A1(M) today (Saturday) near to Welwyn Garden City.
At around 12.20pm, a grey Vauxhall Zafira was driving southbound on the road when it collided with the central reservation between Junction 5 and Junction 4.
No other vehicles are believed to have been involved in the accident at this stage.
However, officers investigating the crash are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw the car beforehand.
Sgt Pete Scholes, from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “We would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision or who saw this car driving south on the A1(M) before the collision occurred, but who have not yet spoken to police.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to speak to anyone who possibly saw the car stopped on the hard shoulder around Junction 6 sometime before the collision.”
* Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year