Police witness appeal following A1(M) collision near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision on the A1(M) today (Saturday) near to Welwyn Garden City.
At around 12.20pm, a grey Vauxhall Zafira was driving southbound on the road when it collided with the central reservation between Junction 5 and Junction 4.
No other vehicles are believed to have been involved in the accident at this stage.
However, officers investigating the crash are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw the car beforehand.
Sgt Pete Scholes, from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “We would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision or who saw this car driving south on the A1(M) before the collision occurred, but who have not yet spoken to police.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to speak to anyone who possibly saw the car stopped on the hard shoulder around Junction 6 sometime before the collision.”
* Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire