Police tackle speeding motorists in Hertfordshire
MOTORISTS are being reminded by police to watch their speed this week.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is taking part in a national speed awareness week, which began yesterday (Monday) and runs until Sunday.
Neighbourhood policing teams will be carrying out pro-active operations across the county to crack down on speeding traffic.
Sgt Andrew Nayler said: “It’s simple – the faster you are travelling, the more likely you or other road users are to being seriously injured or killed in a collision.
“It’s always worth taking a couple of minutes longer on your journey than speeding and receiving a fine, points on your licence or worse.”
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We tackle speeding throughout the year, and it’s an issue that comes top of the list of policing priorities for many residents.
“However, campaigns like this give us a great opportunity to raise awareness of the dangers of speeding and remind motorists that both road policing officers and neighbourhood teams will be on the lookout for anyone putting themselves and other road users at risk.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn