Police reveal man was struck in Hatfield train death
- Credit: Archant
Police have revealed it was a man who was fatally hit by a train in Hatfield yesterday (Monday).
British Transport Police (BTP) said the victim was 31-years-old and was from Chelmsford, in Essex.
Paramedics and officers were called at just after 12.30pm to the scene of the fatality, roughly 500 yards south of the town’s railway station.
The 10.55am Kings Lynn to London King’s Cross hit the man.
His family has been notified.
BTP told the Welwyn Hatfield Times the death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedic Gary Sanderson took to Twitter to share his thoughts in the wake of the death.
He posted: “Person hit by train [at] #Hatfield train station. Thoughts with all involved.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed