Police reveal man was struck in Hatfield train death
- Credit: Archant
Police have revealed it was a man who was fatally hit by a train in Hatfield yesterday (Monday).
British Transport Police (BTP) said the victim was 31-years-old and was from Chelmsford, in Essex.
Paramedics and officers were called at just after 12.30pm to the scene of the fatality, roughly 500 yards south of the town’s railway station.
The 10.55am Kings Lynn to London King’s Cross hit the man.
His family has been notified.
BTP told the Welwyn Hatfield Times the death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedic Gary Sanderson took to Twitter to share his thoughts in the wake of the death.
He posted: “Person hit by train [at] #Hatfield train station. Thoughts with all involved.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston