Police investigate after Hatfield arson attack on Welwyn Garden City bound Great Northern train
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a gang of youths after an arson attack on a Great Northern train.
The attack happened just before 1am this morning (Thursday) at Hatfield station.
The train was heading to Welwyn Garden City from London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for Great Northern trains said: “At 1am this morning, a couple alighting from a London service at Welwyn Garden City, told station staff that at Hatfield further up the line, youths had got off the train then tried to stuff a lighted newspaper through one of its open windows.
“The newspaper thankfully dropped to the ground outside the train.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re appealing for the couple or any other witness to contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 quoting crime reference number 28 of 25/06/15.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022