Police investigate after Hatfield arson attack on Welwyn Garden City bound Great Northern train
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a gang of youths after an arson attack on a Great Northern train.
The attack happened just before 1am this morning (Thursday) at Hatfield station.
The train was heading to Welwyn Garden City from London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for Great Northern trains said: “At 1am this morning, a couple alighting from a London service at Welwyn Garden City, told station staff that at Hatfield further up the line, youths had got off the train then tried to stuff a lighted newspaper through one of its open windows.
“The newspaper thankfully dropped to the ground outside the train.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re appealing for the couple or any other witness to contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 quoting crime reference number 28 of 25/06/15.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College