Audi and lorry crash in Hatfield Tunnel
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been taken to hospital following a crash on the A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel.
The northbound carriageway between Junction 3 and Junction 4 on the A1(M) had to be closed following the crash this morning.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 10.48am today, to a report of a road traffic collision involving a lorry and a car in the Hatfield Tunnel A1(M).
“An ambulance crew and ambulance officer were dispatched.
“Three people received treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“They were taken to Lister Hospital.”
Highways England stated at 11.15am: “Emergency services are at scene working to clear the vehicles involved.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“Road users are advised to exit the A1(M) at Junction 3 and take the second exit off the roundabout towards Hatfield.
“At the next roundabout take the second exit and the next roundabout the third exit towards Hartford A1001 (A414).
“Re-join the A1(M) at Junction 4.
“Please allow additional time for your journey and consider alternative routes.”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called to the Hatfield Tunnel northbound at 10.45am to reports of a collision involving a white Audi and a lorry and part of the road was blocked.
“Fire and ambulance were called.
“It was believed the driver of the Audi was trapped.
“The Audi requires recovery.”