Audi and lorry crash in Hatfield Tunnel
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been taken to hospital following a crash on the A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel.
The northbound carriageway between Junction 3 and Junction 4 on the A1(M) had to be closed following the crash this morning.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 10.48am today, to a report of a road traffic collision involving a lorry and a car in the Hatfield Tunnel A1(M).
“An ambulance crew and ambulance officer were dispatched.
“Three people received treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“They were taken to Lister Hospital.”
Highways England stated at 11.15am: “Emergency services are at scene working to clear the vehicles involved.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 6 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 10 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
“Road users are advised to exit the A1(M) at Junction 3 and take the second exit off the roundabout towards Hatfield.
“At the next roundabout take the second exit and the next roundabout the third exit towards Hartford A1001 (A414).
“Re-join the A1(M) at Junction 4.
“Please allow additional time for your journey and consider alternative routes.”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called to the Hatfield Tunnel northbound at 10.45am to reports of a collision involving a white Audi and a lorry and part of the road was blocked.
“Fire and ambulance were called.
“It was believed the driver of the Audi was trapped.
“The Audi requires recovery.”