Audi and lorry crash in Hatfield Tunnel
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been taken to hospital following a crash on the A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel.
The northbound carriageway between Junction 3 and Junction 4 on the A1(M) had to be closed following the crash this morning.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 10.48am today, to a report of a road traffic collision involving a lorry and a car in the Hatfield Tunnel A1(M).
“An ambulance crew and ambulance officer were dispatched.
“Three people received treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“They were taken to Lister Hospital.”
Highways England stated at 11.15am: “Emergency services are at scene working to clear the vehicles involved.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
“Road users are advised to exit the A1(M) at Junction 3 and take the second exit off the roundabout towards Hatfield.
“At the next roundabout take the second exit and the next roundabout the third exit towards Hartford A1001 (A414).
“Re-join the A1(M) at Junction 4.
“Please allow additional time for your journey and consider alternative routes.”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called to the Hatfield Tunnel northbound at 10.45am to reports of a collision involving a white Audi and a lorry and part of the road was blocked.
“Fire and ambulance were called.
“It was believed the driver of the Audi was trapped.
“The Audi requires recovery.”