Traffic chaos in Hatfield thanks to stuck lorry
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing delays in Hatfield thanks to a stuck lorry in Welham Green.
A police spokesman said: “We are dealing with a lorry blocking the road this morning around 8.10am on the A1000 just off the railway bridge.
“This is causing tailbacks through Hatfield.
“The lorry was turning into the bridge heading on to the A1000.
“There’s nothing more on the log at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Robertson encountered traffic jams of half a mile.
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s a lorry stuck in Welham Green causing bad traffic.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
“Dixons Hill Road is blocked.
“Traffic is being directed over the curb to get past.
“It took 10 minutes to get from the roundabout through traffic.
“Traffic in Hatfield at the flyover was horrendous as well.
“It took 15 minutes to get over.”
Another motorist said: “It was causing tailbacks along Great North Road.
“I wondered what had happened.
“I thought there had been accident.”