Traffic chaos in Hatfield thanks to stuck lorry
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing delays in Hatfield thanks to a stuck lorry in Welham Green.
A police spokesman said: “We are dealing with a lorry blocking the road this morning around 8.10am on the A1000 just off the railway bridge.
“This is causing tailbacks through Hatfield.
“The lorry was turning into the bridge heading on to the A1000.
“There’s nothing more on the log at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Robertson encountered traffic jams of half a mile.
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s a lorry stuck in Welham Green causing bad traffic.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
“Dixons Hill Road is blocked.
“Traffic is being directed over the curb to get past.
“It took 10 minutes to get from the roundabout through traffic.
“Traffic in Hatfield at the flyover was horrendous as well.
“It took 15 minutes to get over.”
Another motorist said: “It was causing tailbacks along Great North Road.
“I wondered what had happened.
“I thought there had been accident.”