Traffic chaos in Hatfield thanks to stuck lorry
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing delays in Hatfield thanks to a stuck lorry in Welham Green.
A police spokesman said: “We are dealing with a lorry blocking the road this morning around 8.10am on the A1000 just off the railway bridge.
“This is causing tailbacks through Hatfield.
“The lorry was turning into the bridge heading on to the A1000.
“There’s nothing more on the log at the moment.”
Vicky Robertson encountered traffic jams of half a mile.
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s a lorry stuck in Welham Green causing bad traffic.
- 1 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 2 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Seven-year-old writes MP letter about WGC homeless crisis
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
“Dixons Hill Road is blocked.
“Traffic is being directed over the curb to get past.
“It took 10 minutes to get from the roundabout through traffic.
“Traffic in Hatfield at the flyover was horrendous as well.
“It took 15 minutes to get over.”
Another motorist said: “It was causing tailbacks along Great North Road.
“I wondered what had happened.
“I thought there had been accident.”