Traffic chaos in Hatfield thanks to stuck lorry
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing delays in Hatfield thanks to a stuck lorry in Welham Green.
A police spokesman said: “We are dealing with a lorry blocking the road this morning around 8.10am on the A1000 just off the railway bridge.
“This is causing tailbacks through Hatfield.
“The lorry was turning into the bridge heading on to the A1000.
“There’s nothing more on the log at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Robertson encountered traffic jams of half a mile.
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There’s a lorry stuck in Welham Green causing bad traffic.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
“Dixons Hill Road is blocked.
“Traffic is being directed over the curb to get past.
“It took 10 minutes to get from the roundabout through traffic.
“Traffic in Hatfield at the flyover was horrendous as well.
“It took 15 minutes to get over.”
Another motorist said: “It was causing tailbacks along Great North Road.
“I wondered what had happened.
“I thought there had been accident.”