Police confirm man hit by train at Hatfield Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed a man has died after being hit by a train this morning in Hatfield.
The circumstances are not being treated as suspicious.
Emergency services were called to the scene around 8.10am this morning.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokeswoman said: “BTP officers were called to the line close to Hatfield station on Wednesday, 19 March after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
“Medics from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
The line was handed back to Network Rail at 9.20am.