Police confirm man hit by train at Hatfield Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed a man has died after being hit by a train this morning in Hatfield.
The circumstances are not being treated as suspicious.
Emergency services were called to the scene around 8.10am this morning.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokeswoman said: “BTP officers were called to the line close to Hatfield station on Wednesday, 19 March after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
“Medics from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
The line was handed back to Network Rail at 9.20am.