Four crashes involving seven vehicles causes Welwyn Garden City road closure
- Credit: Alan Davies
Herts Police closed a Welwyn Garden City road after seven vehicles were involved in four separate collisions this morning.
A police spokeswoman said officers were called at 5.52am to Great North Road near Stanborough following reports of a crash.
Officers closed the road as a safety precaution due to ice and informed Highways England, before it was reopened at around 10.45am.
She confirmed that four of the seven vehicles involved in the collisions had to be recovered and said officers were at the scene for several hours.
The vehicles involved were a blue Force Mondeo, black Mini Cooper, white Ford Transit, blue Nissan Almera, white Citroen Relay, black Hyundai Santa Fe and silver Ford Ranger.
You may also want to watch:
Following one of the crashes, a woman in her 60s was taken to hospital with a non-life-threatening back injury.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision