Four crashes involving seven vehicles causes Welwyn Garden City road closure
- Credit: Alan Davies
Herts Police closed a Welwyn Garden City road after seven vehicles were involved in four separate collisions this morning.
A police spokeswoman said officers were called at 5.52am to Great North Road near Stanborough following reports of a crash.
Officers closed the road as a safety precaution due to ice and informed Highways England, before it was reopened at around 10.45am.
She confirmed that four of the seven vehicles involved in the collisions had to be recovered and said officers were at the scene for several hours.
The vehicles involved were a blue Force Mondeo, black Mini Cooper, white Ford Transit, blue Nissan Almera, white Citroen Relay, black Hyundai Santa Fe and silver Ford Ranger.
You may also want to watch:
Following one of the crashes, a woman in her 60s was taken to hospital with a non-life-threatening back injury.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire