Police car clipped by HGV while dealing with incident near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A police car was clipped by a HGV while dealing with a three-vehicle incident on the M25 near Potters Bar.
A police spokeswoman said that one vehicle had run out of fuel and broken down on the anticlockwise carriageway near Potters Bar, following which two other motorists had stopped to help.
A police car then also pulled up, but while at the scene was clipped by a passing HGV.
The incident was initially thought to be a three-vehicle crash but that later emerged not to be the case, the spokeswoman added.
Highways England said that following the incident, which began at around 11am, three lanes were closed and Herts Police and traffic officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokeswoman said nobody was injured but officers are still dealing with the incident near Junction 24 (Potters Bar).
It has caused long delays and motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn