Police car clipped by HGV while dealing with incident near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A police car was clipped by a HGV while dealing with a three-vehicle incident on the M25 near Potters Bar.
A police spokeswoman said that one vehicle had run out of fuel and broken down on the anticlockwise carriageway near Potters Bar, following which two other motorists had stopped to help.
A police car then also pulled up, but while at the scene was clipped by a passing HGV.
The incident was initially thought to be a three-vehicle crash but that later emerged not to be the case, the spokeswoman added.
Highways England said that following the incident, which began at around 11am, three lanes were closed and Herts Police and traffic officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokeswoman said nobody was injured but officers are still dealing with the incident near Junction 24 (Potters Bar).
It has caused long delays and motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk