Police car clipped by HGV while dealing with incident near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A police car was clipped by a HGV while dealing with a three-vehicle incident on the M25 near Potters Bar.
A police spokeswoman said that one vehicle had run out of fuel and broken down on the anticlockwise carriageway near Potters Bar, following which two other motorists had stopped to help.
A police car then also pulled up, but while at the scene was clipped by a passing HGV.
The incident was initially thought to be a three-vehicle crash but that later emerged not to be the case, the spokeswoman added.
Highways England said that following the incident, which began at around 11am, three lanes were closed and Herts Police and traffic officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokeswoman said nobody was injured but officers are still dealing with the incident near Junction 24 (Potters Bar).
It has caused long delays and motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre