Police car clipped by HGV while dealing with incident near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A police car was clipped by a HGV while dealing with a three-vehicle incident on the M25 near Potters Bar.
A police spokeswoman said that one vehicle had run out of fuel and broken down on the anticlockwise carriageway near Potters Bar, following which two other motorists had stopped to help.
A police car then also pulled up, but while at the scene was clipped by a passing HGV.
The incident was initially thought to be a three-vehicle crash but that later emerged not to be the case, the spokeswoman added.
Highways England said that following the incident, which began at around 11am, three lanes were closed and Herts Police and traffic officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokeswoman said nobody was injured but officers are still dealing with the incident near Junction 24 (Potters Bar).
It has caused long delays and motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge