Police car clipped by HGV while dealing with incident near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A police car was clipped by a HGV while dealing with a three-vehicle incident on the M25 near Potters Bar.
A police spokeswoman said that one vehicle had run out of fuel and broken down on the anticlockwise carriageway near Potters Bar, following which two other motorists had stopped to help.
A police car then also pulled up, but while at the scene was clipped by a passing HGV.
The incident was initially thought to be a three-vehicle crash but that later emerged not to be the case, the spokeswoman added.
Highways England said that following the incident, which began at around 11am, three lanes were closed and Herts Police and traffic officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokeswoman said nobody was injured but officers are still dealing with the incident near Junction 24 (Potters Bar).
It has caused long delays and motorists are being advised to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist