Pizza Hut moped driver seriously injured in Hatfield crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman in her 50s was seriously injured following a crash in Hatfield.
It happened at the roundabout junction of Queensway and Woods Avenue at around 6.30pm on Sunday, August 26.
The woman was driving a Pizza Hut delivery moped when it was in collision with a white Mercedes E200.
There was a part road closure to allow emergency services to attend the scene, but the carriageway was reopened by 8pm.
The female moped driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries, where she remains, and police today (Tuesday, August 28) appealed for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
PC Chris Rowley-Smith, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We have launched an investigation to determine the circumstances that led to this collision.
“If you witnessed this incident and have not yet spoken to us, or have a dash cam fitted to your vehicle and were in the vicinity of the roundabout at the time, we would be very keen to hear from you.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield
“The driver of the Mercedes remained at the scene and is helping us with our enquiries.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information can email email@example.com or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 501 of August 26.