Pizza Hut moped driver seriously injured in Hatfield crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman in her 50s was seriously injured following a crash in Hatfield.
It happened at the roundabout junction of Queensway and Woods Avenue at around 6.30pm on Sunday, August 26.
The woman was driving a Pizza Hut delivery moped when it was in collision with a white Mercedes E200.
There was a part road closure to allow emergency services to attend the scene, but the carriageway was reopened by 8pm.
The female moped driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries, where she remains, and police today (Tuesday, August 28) appealed for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
PC Chris Rowley-Smith, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We have launched an investigation to determine the circumstances that led to this collision.
“If you witnessed this incident and have not yet spoken to us, or have a dash cam fitted to your vehicle and were in the vicinity of the roundabout at the time, we would be very keen to hear from you.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
“The driver of the Mercedes remained at the scene and is helping us with our enquiries.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information can email email@example.com or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 501 of August 26.