Person killed by train at Potters Bar Station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a person has been killed after being struck by a train at Potters Bar Station.
Police were called to Potters Bar Railway Station at 7.07am today to reports that someone had been hit by a train.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and police remain at the scene.
Great Northern has said trains may be delayed by up to an hour, cancelled or diverted via Hertford North.
There is currently no service running in either direction from Hatfield and Potters Bar, as well as no service running between Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Rail replacement travel is being organised between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace, with all tickets being accepted on the London Underground.
Disruption is expected to last until at least midday.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station