Person killed by train at Potters Bar Station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a person has been killed after being struck by a train at Potters Bar Station.
Police were called to Potters Bar Railway Station at 7.07am today to reports that someone had been hit by a train.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and police remain at the scene.
Great Northern has said trains may be delayed by up to an hour, cancelled or diverted via Hertford North.
There is currently no service running in either direction from Hatfield and Potters Bar, as well as no service running between Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Rail replacement travel is being organised between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace, with all tickets being accepted on the London Underground.
Disruption is expected to last until at least midday.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre