Person killed by train at Potters Bar Station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a person has been killed after being struck by a train at Potters Bar Station.
Police were called to Potters Bar Railway Station at 7.07am today to reports that someone had been hit by a train.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and police remain at the scene.
Great Northern has said trains may be delayed by up to an hour, cancelled or diverted via Hertford North.
There is currently no service running in either direction from Hatfield and Potters Bar, as well as no service running between Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
Rail replacement travel is being organised between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace, with all tickets being accepted on the London Underground.
Disruption is expected to last until at least midday.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime